Powerful Live Performances

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I recently saw those jolly Vikings, Grand Magus, in a dark, sleazy, cramped rock bar in Cardiff, with skulls and demon sculptures around and the obligatory sticky floor, that could take the bottom off your converse all stars.
Long, narrow room, more of a step than a stage, full on a Wednesday evening.
They were well pleased with us all turning up.
Great rapport with the crowd, lots of singing both ways, classic old skool gig.
Singer Janne is growing his hair back too .... :D
Two support bands, and all for £12 ... Happy days, [or nights]. :grinthumb

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
cream = deserted cities of the heart, round '68, i guess

the who = heaven n hell, isle of wight, 70

Deep purple = highway star, 72

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
Creedence clearwater revival = born on the bayou, woodstock, 69

Jefferson airplane = volunteers, woodstock 69

Led zeppelin = we're gonna groove, london, 70

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^All those videos take me way back laverc...my pick of the 6 you posted would be "Highway Star" by Deep Purple.:tup:

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
^Right on, man. I think deep purple is the greatest live band ever. That's not the best performance of highway star (machine head wasnt even out at the time), on the video, but that's great anyway.

Beatlesfan1994

Reaction score
Seeing the Eagles in 2013

The first concert that I greatly anticipated was when I saw the Eagles this summer on their History of The Eagels Tour. This was at the start of their tour, in my home town of Louisville, KentuckyI attended with a good friend of mine who shares the same music tastes as me, and we both were looking forward to it. The concert was kicked off with a few obscure, but great songs. One of which was Saturday Night off Desperado, which was great. The concert pretty much went in chronological order, with a video clip about each album. All the members of the Eagles sounded great, very close to as they sounded back in the day. Every member of the eagles, except for Randy Meisner were present. It was really cool to see Bernie Leadon, their original gutarist who quit after One of These Nights. The concert ended with 3 encores, the first of which was a great rendition of Hotel California, the second encore was Take It Easy, and finally Desperado. The concert was a great time, and I will never forget it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online