Powderfinger disband

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
As we alluded to yesterday, we have some massive news for you. At a press conference in Sydney this morning all five band members announced their most extensive Australian tour ever! In what has been an agonising decision for the band, they have also announced that the “Sunsets” tour around the nation will be their last ever. Powderfinger will disband as a touring and recording band following this tour.

Sunsets Tour

Sal will be upset :(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sad but inevitable Feldy, at least they are going out in style, and breaking up doesn't preclude some reunions down the road. I always think of George Harrison's album title "All Things Must Pass", when this happens to a band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a reason 'Why' they are disbanding?

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Quoted from Bernard Fanning:

"With the completion of our last album, Golden Rule, we feel that we have said all that we want to say as a musical group. We firmly believe that it is our most complete and satisfying album and can't think of a better way to farewell our fans than with music that we all believe in and also with, hopefully, our best tour to date."

For the record, I read an article from the band late last year stating that there was a possibility of them breaking up this year, so it's not as big a surprise to me as it is to some. It's still sad to see fantastic bands break up though :(

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, that can be interpreted many ways. Either they are burned out or they are having professional problems amongst the band members.

I bet this tour will be interesting.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I wouldn't discount either, in their 15 year career they've had many issues and problems along the way, most notably a two year hiatus.

I'll definitely be buying concert tickets the second they are released. Even though I'm saving up frenetically, some things simply can't be missed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrvilleTar

Members online