Popular artist you can't stand

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can't stand most popular music and I don't really know their names, so I would have to say many boy bands, girls goups, so-called R&B, rap and hip-hop. On TV, a lot of performances seem to consist of a pretty black girl, not wearing many clothes, doing a funny, jerky, formation dance, into which they throw some incoherent rap. The rapper usually has a baseball cap, big necklaces, baggy trousers and makes weird, stabbing hand gestures. More often than not, the pretty girl is really impressed by this and rubs herself all over him in an undulating fashion.

In the mid-sixties, Peter Sellers took the piss out of The Beatles by reciting their lyrics in the style of Shakespeare's Richard III. I don't know what he would have made of modern lyrics about shooting cops and smacking your bitch up.

Sums up how I feel myself Martin and they are mindlessly droning and boring as well. If I never see another "urban music video" or snippets I will die happy. And to finish it off, what other genre has shootouts at clubs and even awards ceremonies to show who's the baddest of them all.:nw:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
As many things have cycles, it makes me wonder when there will be a return to musicality in popular music. When I was a child, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Hollies, Manfred Mann and Love Affair were all in the singles charts! What is there now? Lady Gaga dressed in raw meat!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Unless there is a comeback by renegade independent radio stations then I don't see things getting any better. It's a corporate landscape for moving product now more than it's ever been, we only have 2 FM stations left that have any kind of imagination and variety.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not that I am a Lady GaGa fangirl or anything like that.......

but I did watch her Fame Monster concert on Palladia. I was actually impressed and entertained. It was not at all what you would expect. The girl really does have musical talent..............

I do question her moral taste, though.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^She reminds me of Marilyn Manson with real breasts, more image than substance which takes away from what musical talent she might possess. I won't go out of my way to watch/listen to her music it's not my cup 'o tea.:nw:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Not that I am a Lady GaGa fangirl or anything like that.......

but I did watch her Fame Monster concert on Palladia. I was actually impressed and entertained. It was not at all what you would expect. The girl really does have musical talent..............

I do question her moral taste, though.

Well....she is following in Madonna's footsteps....

What people don't want to admit is that that there are much worse things out there than Lady Gaga. Kesha, LMFAO, and Skrillex for example. Gaga is just the biggest fish in the pond so people so she's the one that gets targeted.

^^She reminds me of Marilyn Manson with real breasts, more image than substance which takes away from what musical talent she might possess. I won't go out of my way to watch/listen to her music it's not my cup 'o tea.:nw:

What if I sent you something that isn't that bad? Or would one click and a couple minutes still be too out of the way? :flirt

For my list I'm going to forgo the obvious, often modern, pop travesties:

Steely Dan
Def Leppard
Cradle of Filth
The Grateful Dead
Eric Clapton
Slipknot
The Police
Rammstein

Among others.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well....she is following in Madonna's footsteps....

What people don't want to admit is that that there are much worse things out there than Lady Gaga. Kesha, LMFAO, and Skrillex for example. Gaga is just the biggest fish in the pond so people so she's the one that gets targeted.

What if I sent you something that isn't that bad? Or would one click and a couple minutes still be too out of the way? :flirt

Steely Dan
Def Leppard
Cradle of Filth
The Grateful Dead
Eric Clapton
Slipknot
The Police
Rammstein

Among others.

Agreed on the bolded. Slipknot especially with All Hope Is Gone album which was terrible.
Rammstein I only like the song Du Hast.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
With only three labels remaining, Sony, Universal and Warners, we don't stand much chance. Universal have bought out EMI with the intention of burying their 'old' bands, which would be Deep Purple and The Beatles. Presumably the intention is to deiberately ignore quality music and to promote rap, hip hop, Gaga, etc.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

Steely Dan
Def Leppard
Cradle of Filth
The Grateful Dead
Eric Clapton
Slipknot
The Police
Rammstein

Among others.

I admit Sting and Copeland are difficult to take, but I like The Police. I would go so far as to say I would like them to reform and make a new album too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online