Register to remove these ads

Pink Floyd - The Wall (1979)

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by ladyislingering, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Sir Kazual

Sir Kazual Call Me The Superstar!

Here's a A Complete Analysis of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" pretty thorough analysis of The Wall. It's going to take time to read the whole thing, but it is definitely worth your time. I very much enjoyed it.

I know the album so well that I can listen to it on random play in my CD player because I can enjoy each part individually. The sum of the parts are just as great as the whole. I wouldn't recommend listening to it on random play until you've listened to the album a lot and the entire story makes sense to you.

Roger's genius knows no bounds. I just wish I lived in a metropolis with a population that appreciates this type of music. Unfortunately, I live in a city dominated by pop and country. Pretty much the only concerts that come here are those. :wa

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Member

Great review!!!
    Despite being a huge PF fan (obsessed) I never considered too much The Wall (even if I've always loved some songs from it and I watched the movie like 5 times) because I've always like the more psychedelic/progressive stuff. the last year I've watch Waters show at the O2 Arena and I fell in love :pullhair:
    I still like their earlier music better, but I appreciate The Wall much more.

3. KingHeadache

KingHeadache Banned

Awesome :cheers2:cheers2

4. rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon Senior Member

go to thewallanalysis.com, the website goes really in-depth on the album, spawning pages upon pages of interpretation

5. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

Whilst far from my favourite Floyd album it still was an enjoyable listen nevertheless. :)

6. Wolff

Wolff Junior Member

Great review!

7. mich

mich Member

I never owned the album and to be perfectly honest I kinda find the album a bit boring, its just a little too serious. Yet everyone raves about it.

8. recgord27

recgord27 Walking down a dusty road

Very interesting and in-depth review. A few facts that I had forgotten - eg. Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2 was indeed banned in South Africa in the early 80's, and also a lot of information that I was unaware of.
    Did it change my opinion of The Wall? Don't think so. Tried listening to it again and still find it morbid and depressing. Some of Pink Floyd's best songs are on the album, but I only listen to them on their own - eg. Comfortably Numb, Mother, One of my turns, Hey You. A very dark album that I just do not enjoy any more.

9. Musikwala

Musikwala Popmartian

You've just described what I think of the Final Cut. If you find The Wall serious and boring, I'd love to know what you think of the Final Cut! (which is in my opinion even worse!) :D

10. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

lol How times change. I originally did enjoy the album but over enough listens it just started doing absolutely nothing for me. Boring album along with Final Cut.