Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some of these are just fantastic. :D
The Poet And The Pendulum.

Mechanix (she nails it perfectly)

**** does she nail Fight Fire With Fire.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Very interesting idea. I wasn't very familiar with the first two and was really put off by the third mainly because acoustic piano>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>electric piano but the inflection was off quite a bit as well in where you couldn't really follow the melody because it wasn't accented correctly.

A trillion times better than I could do - of course - but not good as a song. And it very well could be a neat listen.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Considering how hard it is to do the song Fight Fire she did really good job on the third one. I disagree as a song I thought she did great on all. I could follow the melody perfectly.

Khor1255

Reaction score
OK. I don't want to debate it but my opinion is that there isn't nearly enough distinction between the harmony and melody there. Especially where she is playing the vocal part (which should be emphasized in an accentuated fashion because everyone in the band is essentially following it during the verses) it technically follows the notes but is lost in the mud due to lack of dynamic separation.

This seems much harder to do on an electric piano compared to a real one so that may be a huge part of the problem. It would be cool to hear her play it on even a shitty upright to compare.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either way this individual has talent on the piano. Nothing to debate really, everyone hears different things and while her cover isn't perfect by any means I still think its remarkable to do those songs on ANY piano don't care which kind of piano. The dude though who plays Nightwish songs he nails them pretty much perfectly.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online