Peter Green on Wikipedia

Solo Albums

The End of the Game (1970)
In the Skies (1979)
Little Dreamer (1980)
Whatcha Gonna Do? (1981)
White Sky (1982)
Kolors (1983)
A Case for the Blues (with Katmandu) (1984)

Born in 1946 Peter Allen Greenbaum, made his mark with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers following in the footsteps of Eric Clapton. He quickly shifted up a gear from his days with Peter B's Looners and provided some incredible guitar work on the Hard Road album.

Soon becoming restless he took up with drummer Mick Fleetwood and slide guitar wizard Jeremy Spencer. Bob Brunning helped out on bass until John McVie became available, and so Fleetwood Mac hit the road.

Peter gave the rock/blues world some real highs and none other than the great BB King remarked about this amazing talent.

After the glory days Peter passed into a depressive state and dark days followed with the odd recording in various forms. However he reemerged in the 90's with The Splinter Group.

Peter Green is one of my favourite guitar players ever, the tone he had in the 60's is just the best. :cheers2

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: Peter Green

Peter Green is one of my favourite guitar players ever, the tone he had in the 60's is just the best.

I agree 100%! Peter is right up there with Jeff Beck in my book. Check out his playing on this video:

Attachments

• A Peter.jpg
    A Peter.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 81

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

It's his voice too ... I think he along with Eric are the best the UK has to offer when it comes to Blues ... That is just IMO, though I have great respect and admiration for John Mayall, Alexis Korner and The Rolling Stones.

The Irish had Rory and he is right up there with Pete and Eric.

Last edited:

Flower

retired
Reaction score

Guitar%20Player%20November%202000.jpg

He was ranked 38th in Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". His tone on the seminal song "The Super-Natural" was hailed as one of the fifty greatest of all time by Guitar Player.

Green was rated as the third-best guitarist of all time in the June,1996 edition of "Mojo" magazine.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice thread Sox for one of your heroes.

I am not that familiar with his work, for some reason I never paid any attention to him. However I did see him on stage with Carlos Santana at the Rock 'n Roll HOF show a few months ago on TV. Of course they played Black Magic Woman, and Carlos was the focal point.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Green was rated as the third-best guitarist of all time in the June,1996 edition of "Mojo" magazine.

Good stuff! Here's Fleetwood Mac at the BBC:

This album is a must for Fleetwood Mac fans:

51V7RVC06BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here as well is an excellent compilation for Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac:

61ERXBGM85L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:rock:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ "Then Play on" is always in my top five albums Fox. Some incredible guitar work.

I read that Carlos has a high regard for Peter LG. Infact many cite him as a major influence.

I remember reading that issue of Mojo Flower he was pipped by Jimi Hendrix 1, and Steve Cropper 2 ... i'm sure that was the one.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online