Your favourite.

• Pet Sounds

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Odessey And Oracle

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Odessey And Oracle rocks a bit more to my liking. Pet Sounds is a good record and deserves love but I never understood the over the top praise it gets. It's just a good Beach Boys album to me. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Pet Sounds is a good record and deserves love but I never understood the over the top praise it gets. It's just a good Beach Boys album to me. :grinthumb

I think I've been getting a better idea as to why as of late. Just listening to "Pet Sounds" (and I mean really listening) in the past couple months its become apparent for me just how big of a deal it was when it came out. The production is the absolute best of its day and has all of these intricate layers that people had never heard it pop music before. I mean, if you really have to consider that "Pet Sounds" predated "Sgt. Pepper" so this was something that had just started and while The Beatles always had a bit rougher sound (especially up to that point) the Beach Boys were pop perfection.

My vote goes to "Pet Sounds" by the way. :D

joe

Reaction score
I think I've been getting a better idea as to why as of late. Just listening to "Pet Sounds" (and I mean really listening) in the past couple months its become apparent for me just how big of a deal it was when it came out. The production is the absolute best of its day and has all of these intricate layers that people had never heard it pop music before. I mean, if you really have to consider that "Pet Sounds" predated "Sgt. Pepper" so this was something that had just started and while The Beatles always had a bit rougher sound (especially up to that point) the Beach Boys were pop perfection.

My vote goes to "Pet Sounds" by the way. :D

IMO, over produced. No denying that it was a ground breaking recording on the tecnnological level at that time. I'm not saying it's a bad album, as there is alot of over produced albums that are classics. This being one of them.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I'm a die-hard Beach Boys fan, but always thought ''Pet Sounds'' was overrated in it's praise.

Having said that, I think ''Odessey And Oracle'' is one groovy album, but I can't pick it over ''Pet Sounds'' . So, ''Pet Sounds'' by a hair.

Wouldn't It Be Nice, Sloop John B, God Only Knows, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, Caroline, No

Caroline, No
Caroline, No
Caroline, No

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Back in the long gone days of LSD and Honey, my friends used to make fun of me whenever I put on Pet Sounds. They said it sounded like music for 8 year-olds. Given that, I found their love of Sgt Pepper and Odessey and Oracle somewhat baffling, because they have that same kind of sound.

Anyways, my vote goes to Pet Sounds. It might not be as gritty as the other stuff I listen to, but it's a solid album. Plus, 'Time of the Season' makes me want to pull my hair out.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online