Pearl Jam (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Yeap pj celebrated Saturday nite!
Saw them Friday nite too.

Pearl Jam 2 Nights at Barclay's. Second night they broke curfew so they playedp the entire extra 30 minutes.

10395577734_abcb315209_z.jpg

10395608166_ee08728a01_z.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted to go see them, but this past weekend was just jammed up with other stuff that took priority, and I'm seeing Black Crowes this weekend and am really only allowed a maximum of one gig per week (my wife's rule, not mine, seems reasonable I suppose! ).... but a friend of mine went on Saturday and he said it was the best PJ show he had ever seen, and he thinks he's now seen them around 10-12 times over the years - in fact he said they did about 15 encores - don't know if he was exaggerating, but that sound like them. I'm actually, based on the shows I have seen there (Rush, Dylan and Knopfler, Neil Young, Seger and Walsh, Dave Matthews Band,The Killers) tending towards the Barclay Center as as now being a better rock venue that Madison Square Garden, it's a lot smaller, but Brooklyn crowds are insanely loud and enthusiastic, a more blue collar type of crowd, MSG tends to be more the midtown Manhattan crowd. Seeing Queens of the Stone Age at Barclay Center around Christmas time. The new Pearl Jam album Lightning Strike, which I got last week, is probably my rock Album of the Year, and their best imo since Ten.

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^yeah PJ is playing about 14 songs over two sets of encores. Saturday they played over 3 hours. They played over 3 hours in Philly last nite too. This tour is amazing in thinking of going Friday in Hartford. I was at pearl jam 20 so those are my favorites for the temple of the dog stuff at least. But these shows were up there

Reaction score
I am really liking the new album, I wish they would come play down here.

TheSound

Reaction score
You chose one of the best tracks there actually (imo)....that and 'Infallable' and 'Sirens'...Eddie's vocals just get better and better as he gets older, which sort of flies in the face of the tradition of many singers who start to totally lose it around the time they get to his age (50 'ish)....and Brendan O'Brien's production of PJ never misses a beat either, just a most accomplished and life-affirming album by one of the great bands of the rock era.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I am really liking the new album, I wish they would come play down here.

Yeah that is my favorite track on the album there a few good ones. Live I'm really liking the title track and infallable.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice photos AK :grinthumb

Pearl Jam Make 8-Year-Old Fan’s First Concert Totally Awesome

Remember your first concert? You were probably somewhere in the nosebleed seats, trying to pick out the supertiny bassist from the supertiny rhythm guitarist onstage while hollowed-out versions of the band’s most popular songs echoed throughout the arena’s crappy audio system. An 8-year-old Pearl Jam fan’s first concert was nothing like that.

Eight-year-old Nick Lebresco attended the band’s show Tuesday night (Oct. 22) at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia with his parents. At the end of the night, he walked out of the concert with a tambourine, the set list, a drum stick and a bunch of guitar picks — all given to him by frontman Eddie Vedder.

According to Philly.com, “Vedder took one of his tambourines and tossed it to an usher, appearing to tell the guy to make sure it reached ‘the kid.’” Making this story that much more awesome is the fact that Pearl Jam were covering the Who‘s classic ‘Baba O’Riley’ at the time. You can watch the action in the above video.

But it didn’t stop there. Later in the show, Vedder “sent a bunch of other stuff over to Nick,” according to the report. And then the singer stood on a speaker and waved at Nick, who was holding up a giant “It’s My First Concert” sign, before he fell onto the speaker. You can see video of all that below.

Apparently, this wasn’t even supposed to be the kid’s first concert. His parents were planning to take him and and his sister to see pop star Carly Rae Jepsen, but they wanted their children’s first concert experiences to be a bit more memorable. After a friend bowed out of the Pearl Jam show, the ticket was freed up for Nick’s mom and dad to take their totally lucky son to his first, unforgettable concert.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
PJ Plays Van Halen

It's kind of funny, cause you can tell they don't really know how to...but they do a good job. Nice to see this.
:grinthumb

TheSound

Reaction score
Mike MccReady is a guitar God and just an incredible musician, if anyone could take on Eddie Van Halen in a dexterity battle of the axe-men, it's him - to me they actually sound and look a lot more like the old Van Halen here, than the current Van Halen do!!...great energy. PJ often do this sort of thing and pull something right out of the hat, no two PJ set lists are the same, they often don't even decide on what their playing until about an hour before they go on stage. Awesome clip anyway MP, and the quality isn't bad considering it's some guy up in the seats with his camera. That's from the show in Baltimore last night I think, first time they've played in the city for 20 years.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online