Paula Abdul

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Paula Abdul
paula-abdul-in-the-80s-wearing-a-strange-bra.jpg

Yeah I'm doing it! A Paula Abdul thread! You know why? 'Cause no one else will! :lmao: I'm not talking about pill popping modern day crazy Paula but pop hotty singer and dance extraordinaire Paula! The one who was universally like by almost everyone in her prime and is still a guilty pleasure today! Paula was HOT and in a full bodied healthy type of way! These anorexic starlets should pay attention to her more! Not much more to say! She's better than J-lo! :lmao: Here are some Paula nostalgia!

Straight Up

Cold Hearted Snake

Rush Rush
(Paulas voice oozed sex too)

Promise of a New Day
(Sexiest video IMO)

Plenty more where that came from! I think people forget she was a hit machine and still one for the books in sales! I left out Opposites Attract on purpose! Not my favorite and overrated even by pop standards! Join in the Paula tribute if you dare! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with some Paula...she takes me back to the late 80's early 90's during alot of fun times for myself. It's all wrapped in with the Full House,In Living Color,Home Improvement,Married With Children times!!

I remember when this was played in heavy rotation...

In think it was really a first for rock video to do loive action and animation. It was done in television shows and old movies...but for videos this was pretty cool.

Always reminded me of this. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score
I aways liked "Straight Up" .It was from an era when I would go out 3 or 4 nights a week to see local rock bands & in between sets it was songs like "Straight Up", "I Can't Wait" (Nu Shooz), "Pump Up the Volume" (MAARS), "Candy Girl" (New Edition), "White Lines" (Grand Master Flash),Little Red Corvette(Prince), "Jungle Love" (Morris Day & the Time)..etc that had the girls up on the dance floor & after a while I got used to the songs even to the point of buying them!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
She is attractive and a good dancer,,,but I'm not a big fan of hers in general.

Still it's always a nice thing to write about Women in music, they certainly add some beauty to the scene.:grinthumb

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I never fully got into the late 80's/early 90's pop/dance queens like Paula, Whitney or Taylor Dayne, but they were kinda fun to watch on MTV.

I've since gone back and grabbed a few of their hits on iTunes to close the books on that genre. Some pretty good stuff there. :dance:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is ok, guys, you dont have to feel guilty about liking Paula. She definitely is a hottie, and still is when she is sober.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I've got nuthin' wrong with Paula. She's cute, performed some great pop music and made her mark but I was never a huge fan. Too bad she doesn't practice her craft anymore and ended up in the short attention span celebrity freak show circus. Female singers that started out in the 80's such as Anita Baker and Sade get my vote, not just because they are good but they continue to practice their craft with integrity.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Is Sade still active? I lost track of her...:think:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I hear recent songs from her on the local jazz station occasionally. She still has that dreamy quality to her voice and music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online