Paul Simon

Reaction score
I love his solo stuff guys! but he is also great with Simon and Garfunkel.
I recently went to webster hall with my father in new york, to see him perform and we stood right in front of him while he was performing. it was epic!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Do you have Graceland yet RS?

I think it is his best album myself.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's that people built "Graceland" up to an unreachable standard or what but when I first heard it I was kind of disappointed. I mean, it's everything that I'd expect from Paul Simon but it's not as mind blowing I thought it was going to be. I think my favorite of his is probably "Still Crazy After All These Years".

From the uptempo "Gone At Last" all the way to somber "Silent Eyes" it just has so much going on on it.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I love Still Crazy After All These Years, it is a great album both musically and lyrically, it is in my top 100 for sure, I am trying to get all his albums but keep buying others at the same time so it is taking time:)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Depending on my mood "Still Crazy After All These Years" is my favorite album from Paul, Sweaty, and I've been working my way through all of his catalog as well. It's a slow process. :heheh:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Yeah, I got his first album remastered on CD for Christmas, and I have ordered another one from him, I am trying to get them all remastered at some point, what a great writer and singer:)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Used to listen to Graceland as a little kid with my dad on his headphones.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Paul Simon needed Art Garfunkel, like McCartney needed Lennon. I heard in an interview that Simon did not want the 'Sail on silver girl . . . ' part of Bridge over troubled water, but Garfunkel (along with Roy Halee) insisted.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
You are correct, Big Ears. Paul just wanted the song to be a short, soft hymn but Art saw the song as a set up as something even bigger and practically forced him to write the third verse.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online