Paul Rodgers Returns With First Solo Music in Nearly 25 Years

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Always good news when there's new Paul Rodgers music.

I had his first solo album Cut Loose at one point. Would I have preferred more Bad Co. at that point? Sure.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Cut Loose was rough around the edges for sure. Paul plays all the instruments as I recall but it may have helped him join The Firm, which was better than Rough Diamonds or Dangerous Age if we are making comparisons.

E-Z

Reaction score
When it comes to Paul Rodgers I only still listen to the FREE era recordings between 1968-1972/73. For some reason I could never get into Bad Company although I have all there cd/albums although the two albums that he recorded with Jimmy Page under the band name The Firm during the mid 1980s were ok I thought. I did buy a cd copy of his solo album Cut Loose about 10 years ago but only played it once all the way through.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
The Firm, which was better than Rough Diamonds or Dangerous Age if we are making comparisons.
You know, I think, we can't compare The Firm with Brian Howe's "Dangerous Age". Honestly, I never understood all these comparisons with Paul Rodgers era, 'cause Bad Company started to play just in another genre, closer to Foreigner and Survivor. It's the same, that to compare "Please Please Me" with "Abbey Road".

All in all, it's a shame, that Paul didn't include this song in his new LP. :(

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
While I do not agree with the Beatles analogy, Bad Company did evolve to more mainstream rock after Rodgers left. Many bands from the 60s and 70s found it difficult to compete in the 80s as the music and visuals were changing.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
While I do not agree with the Beatles analogy
Excuse me, if my example wasn't correct. I mean just that it's impossible to compare Paul's and Brian's periods in Bad Company's history, 'cause, in fact, these lineups played in absolutely different styles. To compare them will be such a ridiculous, as like comparison of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Journey. That's what I wanted to say. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online