Paul McCartney tribute album "The Art Of McCartney" out Nov 17

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I like it except it sounds like he can't make his mind whether to sing it with an American accent or an English accent.

Last edited:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Wow, I really like both Helen Wheels and Junior's Farm! Not surprised with Steve Miller since he worked with Paul on Flaming Pie. :D

Radagast

Reaction score
Close watch to be paid !

Many fine performers will I'm sure deliver fine performances and add their unique styles to the music of a genius. I already own much of the Beatles/McCartney music catalog. I have never really liked it when performers record other performers work. I usually prefer the original work. That said , I've heard some live performers play other artist songs live, better than the original artist's studio work. Each artist is taking a bold step, each will deserve their own critique . As something of a "purest", I will be listening. :think:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this.

The fact that there are representatives from every generation since the Beatles (not to mention a wide variety of genres), says a lot about Paul's place in music history.

The most interesting, and telltale sign of that, though, is just how many of his contemporaries contributed as well.

B.B. King, Dylan, Brian Wilson, Daltrey, Smokey, etc. These are all artists that were legit heavyweights in their own right at the same time.

It's one thing to look up to some with respect and reverence.

To have someone, a peer, look across at you and say "Your music is this important to me". That's pretty special.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online