Original Album Series

Dreams

Reaction score
I've been looking to upgrade my music collection.

For me, The Original Album Series and Original Album Classics is the cheapest way to do this. You get 5 albums with original covers on cardboard sleeves in a small cardboard box for around 10 Euros. Not bad.

Sample:

foreigner.jpg

Last edited:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I've bought a few of these box sets myself and they are indeed good value for money. Only complaint is that for the ones I have bought there are no liner notes and artwork sometimes gets lost.

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I have a couple of these. Mainly ones that includes some albums that are more or less impossible to find elsewhere. I'm a bit on the fence about them. They are fine if you want to quickly get a couple of albums by some band, or as I mentioned, if you can get an album that is otherwise difficult to get hold of, but at the same time, these boxes do not fulfil my collector needs.

There's some really nice "The Studio Albums XXXX-XXXX" boxsets out there. Like ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, Little Feat, Joni Mitchell, Ry Cooder, Cheap Trick and many more. You guys know what I mean? They usually try to stay true to the vinyl presentation, for example "Tejas" in the ZZ Top box is a gatefold. Many of them also come with a nice booklet and the boxes are solid and nice looking. These are usually more pricey of course, but they feel more like value for money.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online