Orange Goblin (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
OrangeGoblin-1.png

Orange Goblin Official Website

Formed in 1995 in London, originally under the name of Our Haunted Kingdom, but changed to Orange Goblin after a 7” split with Electric Wizard in 1996 with company Rise Above Records.

Orange Goblin are stoner/doom metal although have moved steadily heavier with a slight tinge of punk creeping in. They are heavily influenced by Black Sabbath, which can be heard throughout their albums, particulary the first three - Frequencies From Planet Ten, Time Traveling Blues and the acclaimed Big Black.

Currently they are signed with Candlelight Records and are working on new material to be released in 2012 - their first album with Candlelight Records.

Albums:

Frequencies from Planet Ten CD (1997 Rise Above Records)
Time Travelling Blues CD (1998 Rise Above Records)
The Big Black CD/LP (2000 Rise Above Records)
Coup de Grace CD (2002 Rise Above Records)
Thieving from the House of God CD/LP (2004 Rise Above Records)
Healing Through Fire CD+DVD/LP (2007 Sanctuary Records)
A Eulogy for the Damned CD/LP (2012 Candlelight Records)

Current Line Up

-Ben Ward (Vocals/Guitar)
-Joe ***** (Guitar)
-Martyn Millard (Bass)
Chris Turner (Drum)

Orange+Goblin.jpg

:grinthumb:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Re: Orange Goblin

Great stoner band nololob. I was dissappointed with thier last two releases however. Hopefully thier new album will be reminescent of thier earlier releases. Looking forward to it. Here's thier cover of Sabbath's "Hand Of Doom":

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

I got their 5CD limited box this morning and currently listening to Time Travelling Blues album. Can't wait to taste The Big Black, however I wonder if this is gonna beat my so far fav Coup De Grace. :think:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Don't have time to check them out right now, but nice OP Nolo.:tup:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Nice one Nolo, I have been getting more and more into this band I really like gear from the debut album. Hope to catch a gig later this year. I'll just put up one that caught my ear from a later album for now and maybe add some the deeper I get. :cheers2

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I might see them in April in Oxford. Same venue as UH and the tickets are very cheap, £9. :D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Yeah, good one I lke the under a tenner tickets mate:grinthumb. Me and Sweaty are gonna try and catch them at Rock City in Nottingham "Marrowfest".

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
They were on the Metal Hammer Stage at The High Voltage Festival 2010 MP, they caught my ear but it was difficult to juggle the bands as there were three different stages all with a hell of a lot going on. I do like their gear though.