Omnium Gatherum: Melodic Death Metal

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I was introduced to these guys via last.fm, and I wanted to give them their own thread. I brought them up in my Melodic Death Metal Recommendations Thread but I recently just picked up a few of their albums, and I want them to be showcased for the unbelievable talent that they have. Not very well known right now, but that doesn't matter, their music is incredible.

OMNIUM GATHERUM
Melodic Death Metal

DISCOGRAPHY

Steal The Light, EP: 2002
Spirits and August Light: 2003
Years In Waste: 2004
Stuck Here on Snakes Way: 2007
The Redshift: 2008
New World Shadows: 2011
Beyond: 2013
Grey Heavens: 2016
The Burning Cold: 2018
Origin: 2021
Slasher(EP): 2023

From The Redshift release

From Stuck Here On Snakes Way release

Harkat

Reaction score
Very nice Prime!!
I was listening to these guys in your MDM Recommendations thread,
Easily one of the more melodic MDM bands around; is that a splashing of prog that I hear?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Very nice Prime!!
I was listening to these guys in your MDM Recommendations thread,
Easily one of the more melodic MDM bands around; is that a splashing of prog that I hear?

Glad to hear it Harkat. I figured you'd enjoy them.

And I believe they have a bit of prog influence. I noticed that a bit as well listening to them earlier today.

Definitely one of my favorite melo-death discoveries lately.

Harkat

Reaction score
^^^
Yea!
Quite soft for a DM band, even a MDM band IMO
The only part I haven't quite grasped are the vocals, they mesh well with the instruments but they sound like he is straining too hard in order to get his sound IMO
Anyways, they are good enough to have me listening to them on youtube :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Quite soft for a DM band, even a MDM band IMO
The only part I haven't quite grasped are the vocals, they mesh well with the instruments but they sound like he is straining too hard in order to get his sound IMO

That's actually what I noticed quite a bit as well. He's really great at his growls at certain points, but at other times it just seems like he is trying way too hard. The Return is probably my favorite song by them so far, and i've listened to three full length albums. The start of it, just everything about it flows well.

Harkat

Reaction score
These guys definately sound like an overall above average MDM band, IMO, certainly got the talent and skill but it doesn't stand out too much against the sea of other MDM bands that, IMO, sound almost the same =\

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
These guys definately sound like an overall above average MDM band, IMO, certainly got the talent and skill but it doesn't stand out too much against the sea of other MDM bands that, IMO, sound almost the same =\

I can agree to an extent. These guys have been around for a couple years, but unfortunately it's these kinds of bands that don't get enough exposure, in relation to the popular bands that do now. Not just MDM bands, but quite a few others. And I agree on them not standing out too much.

Harkat

Reaction score
I can agree to an extent. These guys have been around for a couple years, but unfortunately it's these kinds of bands that don't get enough exposure, in relation to the popular bands that do now. Not just MDM bands, but quite a few others. And I agree on them not standing out too much.

Yea! They might not stand out too much but they are certainly better!
A MDM band that I would recommend to others, for sure! :grinthumb
If bands like these guys got more exposure then the whole genre would be better!!!!! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've fallen in love with song, if you skip to 4:15, you will hear why:

Harkat

Reaction score
Prime, that there is my favourite song by them.
I absolutely love the vocals and the instruments, they work very very well together!
Great song!!! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online