Old school question

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Reading all this is too funny when I see how far we have "Progressed?" since the Ed Sullivan show was relevant.

AAG has surrounded the lyrics in question, Magic done likewise with Jim's wild and crazy stage personae, and S&L has posted a song far more graphic than Light My Fire.

All I can add is they did the same thing to Elvis when he appeared on the Ed show, they would only film him from the waist up and not his swiveling hips and legs,,,figured it was too sexy and racy for television.

My how far we have come since then...:heheh:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Reading all this is too funny when I see how far we have "Progressed?" since the Ed Sullivan show was relevant.

AAG has surrounded the lyrics in question, Magic done likewise with Jim's wild and crazy stage personae, and S&L has posted a song far more graphic than Light My Fire.

All I can add is they did the same thing to Elvis when he appeared on the Ed show, they would only film him from the waist up and not his swiveling hips and legs,,,figured it was too sexy and racy for television.

My how far we have come since then...:heheh:

Luckily we have come this far.....otherwise kids might think we're living in Santa Claus land where everything is GOOD AND COZY.....the world should be that way, but it IS NOT!!unfortunately I add ;(;:)peek

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Well, I have a lot of time on my hands these days so this wasn't one of your memorable threads but it just struck me as being strange that they took such a hard line with The Doors over this. As mentioned earlier, the lyrics are as clear as can be. I remember when the Beatles did the Sullivan show my parents thought they were nuts. I, like so many, just had to have that Meet the Beatles album. It took a month of pestering but I won and it was my first album. It is funny now when I think back to Elvis and The Beatles how the country reacted. I think it's a hormonal thing between the generations. :lmao:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well, I have a lot of time on my hands these days so this wasn't one of your memorable threads but it just struck me as being strange that they took such a hard line with The Doors over this. As mentioned earlier, the lyrics are as clear as can be. I remember when the Beatles did the Sullivan show my parents thought they were nuts. I, like so many, just had to have that Meet the Beatles album. It took a month of pestering but I won and it was my first album. It is funny now when I think back to Elvis and The Beatles how the country reacted. I think it's a hormonal thing between the generations. :lmao:

Actually I thought it was an interesting one. I didn't have an answer personally but I'd heard about The Doors performance. Didn't learn until now about the Sly performance though. Made for some interesting points! :grinthumb

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
It is funny now when I think back to Elvis and The Beatles how the country reacted.

Indeed, the country reacted very puritan....little did they know that one day Liz Phair would kick their Con asses a lot :):)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online