Obscure Heavy Psych/Heavy Rock/Proto-Metal

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I like what I've heard so far, which is the debut and the song you posted, so will look into them.

Steamhammer is phenomenal, but didn't know that Caldwell was in Armageddon though, that's cool.

Love Captain Beyond, especially that debut. Rod Evans was a class vocalist that dropped off the face of the earth! Probably pursued a more calmer and normal life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Evans#:~:text=Evans left Captain Beyond and,western American hospital until 1980.
Evans left Captain Beyond and the music business after two albums. He then became a director of respiratory therapy at a western American hospital until 1980.
In a 2015 interview, Captain Beyond drummer Bobby Caldwell mentioned that he was in touch with Evans, saying that Evans is "just doing fine these days" and had gone back to working in respiratory therapy for a long time.[12]

On 8 April 2016, Evans was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Deep Purple, but despite being invited, he did not attend the ceremony.

*Apologies for interrupting the thread

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Evans#:~:text=Evans left Captain Beyond and,western American hospital until 1980.
Evans left Captain Beyond and the music business after two albums. He then became a director of respiratory therapy at a western American hospital until 1980.
In a 2015 interview, Captain Beyond drummer Bobby Caldwell mentioned that he was in touch with Evans, saying that Evans is "just doing fine these days" and had gone back to working in respiratory therapy for a long time.[12]

On 8 April 2016, Evans was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Deep Purple, but despite being invited, he did not attend the ceremony.

*Apologies for interrupting the thread
No worries, I really appreciate the history behind him. I bet he didn't what to be noticed..

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I was thinking today (as one does)
About bands I'd seen... that I'd forgotten I'd seen -

Muscles.
A Band Called O.
Third Ear Band.
Dirty Tricks.
And.... Shamus Oblivion and The Megadeath Morris Men.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online