Obscure Heavy Psych/Heavy Rock/Proto-Metal

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Just discovered Charlies. Sounds a bit like Tull's Benefit played heavier.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Are you guys familiar with Highway Robbery? This is from the "For Love Of Money" LP from 1972, which RCA recently reissued, so you can actually get it for $15 or less, as opposed to the $80 or so for the original... Sorry if this was already posted. I did a search and come up with nothing...

I've been making compilations of this kind of stuff, most of it from my own LP collection. I'd be glad to email tracks if anyone is interested in hearing some obscure/lost/forgotten Psych/Hard/Proto/Dad Rock type stuff.

Cheers

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Both bands were mentioned earlier in this thread. Both brilliant, I adore Highway Robbery more. :D

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Sorry bout the repost. It's hard to jump into a thread like this, 43 pages long and not contribute... or repost. lol.

Both bands rule, but I give a slight edge to Yesterday's Children. The guitars are just plain brilliant to my ears. Can't believe the only other thing this band did was a single in 1966!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Sorry bout the repost. It's hard to jump into a thread like this, 43 pages long and not contribute... or repost. lol.

Both bands rule, but I give a slight edge to Yesterday's Children. The guitars are just plain brilliant to my ears. Can't believe the only other thing this band did was a single in 1966!

I agree, and I also give the nod to Yesterdays Children. Don't worry about the reposts. Your enthusiasm more then makes up for that ...plus it pumps new blood into an otherwise stagnant thread..post away

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Icecross are reuniting and playing for the first time in 40 years... in Sweden. :think:
If it wasn't too far I definitely would! As well as Cressida again.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Epitaph, German prog, but this track is heeeaaaavyyyy...

Changing World

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online