Nottingham Lace

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
..::Links are fine in this forum, BH. :)

You already know what I think of your guitar playing...but I can always watch them again, and again..........

NICE JOB! :guitar:

Reaction score
some of the shreddier things, were somewhat cool, but over all boring, and some of it didn't really work, you can definately play, you just need to make everything flow better and less repetitive, and more original sounding and if it was a cover--find something better to cover
as I said you can definitely play and have some serious skill, but I didn't like it at all, maybe its just not my thing..

Buckethero

Haha... I killed Aizen.
Reaction score
some of the shreddier things, were somewhat cool, but over all boring, and some of it didn't really work, you can definately play, you just need to make everything flow better and less repetitive, and more original sounding and if it was a cover--find something better to cover
as I said you can definitely play and have some serious skill, but I didn't like it at all, maybe its just not my thing..

Heres the link to the original song:

Well, thanks for the advice, I always like constructive critisicm. This song was a struggle for me because of the weird phrasing Buckethead does in the fast parts, and this was the best I could do at the time.

Maybe you'll like the orginial better, as he actually knows how to phrase in the key better, :lmao:

Can I ask you one thing? WHen you say make it more orginial sounding, how so?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
I guess I don't like buckethead.. haha, by more original I meant not as forced sounding, more creative, I don't like the original much better, but yes, work on your phrasing, do you listen to any grateful dead? Jerry possibly mastered phrasing, you gotta listen to live performances for that haha, but it didn't sound melodic at all, it was kind of like you stayed on the off keys too long, way too long haha, when I try and phrase I don't stay on them long enough, I always think of phrasing as a link between the next note, sort of like stories using transition words.. then, next, first, second.. crap like that, that was what really threw it off to me, that and the forced sound of it, cover some deep puprle or something, with that strat, your speed and ability I can see a perfect blackmore cover =)

Buckethero

Haha... I killed Aizen.
Reaction score
I guess I don't like buckethead.. haha, by more original I meant not as forced sounding, more creative, I don't like the original much better, but yes, work on your phrasing, do you listen to any grateful dead? Jerry possibly mastered phrasing, you gotta listen to live performances for that haha, but it didn't sound melodic at all, it was kind of like you stayed on the off keys too long, way too long haha, when I try and phrase I don't stay on them long enough, I always think of phrasing as a link between the next note, sort of like stories using transition words.. then, next, first, second.. crap like that, that was what really threw it off to me, that and the forced sound of it, cover some deep puprle or something, with that strat, your speed and ability I can see a perfect blackmore cover =)

Ah, ok. I know what you mean...

The Grateful Dead are cool, and Jerry is a genius yes.

I like your way of thinking using phrasing, the truth is I know no theory at all and go by ear mostly, wish I was as smart as Vai or Joe Satch... maybe someday.

Deep Purple, now were talking! Blackmore is one of my favorites, and Highway Star blew my mind the first time I heard it.

Ok, give Buckethead 1 more chance, check out this song: :lol2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Ah, ok. I know what you mean...

The Grateful Dead are cool, and Jerry is a genius yes.

I like your way of thinking using phrasing, the truth is I know no theory at all and go by ear mostly, wish I was as smart as Vai or Joe Satch... maybe someday.

Deep Purple, now were talking! Blackmore is one of my favorites, and Highway Star blew my mind the first time I heard it.

Ok, give Buckethead 1 more chance, check out this song: :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j54fbSmCKM
oh.. I've given buckethead one more chance than my ears can handle :tongue:

I go a little by theory and a little by ear, hahaha, I wish to be as smart as jerry (musically at least, I don't plan on all the LSD, I'd be one of em to jump off a building or whatever)

but ya just listen to some live jerry playing, he uses so many chormatic runs and random scales, I think he sort of figured out the theory by ear and thats how he can play so many different string iinstruments with ease, but somehow he gets it to sound so in key with those random note, but yeah I've been working on phrasing for some time now too, I finally got down switching keys with chords/notes of the songs and now I just need to put something in between it

Buckethero

Haha... I killed Aizen.
Reaction score
oh.. I've given buckethead one more chance than my ears can handle :tongue:

I go a little by theory and a little by ear, hahaha, I wish to be as smart as jerry (musically at least, I don't plan on all the LSD, I'd be one of em to jump off a building or whatever)

but ya just listen to some live jerry playing, he uses so many chormatic runs and random scales, I think he sort of figured out the theory by ear and thats how he can play so many different string iinstruments with ease, but somehow he gets it to sound so in key with those random note, but yeah I've been working on phrasing for some time now too, I finally got down switching keys with chords/notes of the songs and now I just need to put something in between it

lol, yeah or set your guitar ablaze like Hendrix...

I'll check it out, and good luck with your playing! Do you have any music up?

Reaction score
lol, yeah or set your guitar ablaze like Hendrix...

I'll check it out, and good luck with your playing! Do you have any music up?

ya, but then I gotta buy a new guitar lol

www.myspace.com/erikbergcoryrieger

not exactly the greatest... I'm still experimenting with recording and what not, and I have a hard time playing with my self, I do over dubs of my own playing or as I like to call it "musically masturbating":bricks:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2462
and that, scroll down a few, its from 2 years ago, but eh.. haha first show so ya know

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your music with us Hero, I for one think you did a fine job, and I know Buckethead is one of your favorite guitarists.

Can't wait to hear your version of Eruption...:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online