No Stones 50th anniversary tour

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Turns out rumors that the Rolling Stones are planning a tour in conjunction with their upcoming 50th anniversary simply aren’t true. ‘Don’t hold your breath,’ singer Mick Jagger said when asked by British paper the Sun about plans for the Stones to hit the road in 2012.

Two weeks ago, Rolling Stones fans the world over were rejoicing at the news that all four members of the band were photographed leaving an office in London, instantly fueling the rumors that the Stones were planning a momentous tour to celebrate five decades of rocking together. The story was widely reported, but camp Stones would not comment on what was discussed at the meeting.

Jagger now insists he’s focused on his Superheavy side project — although they aren’t scheduled to hit the road anytime soon either — and any Stones activity will apparently take a back seat to that. “We haven’t planned to do a tour or anything, but if people really like it maybe we will,” he says of Superheavy. “We’d love to get out and play some of it live.”

He wouldn’t even commit to the Stones playing a special one-off concert in conjunction with the 2012 Olympics, which will take place in and around London next summer. “When a band starts as a blues band, it always remains sort of true to that [spirit],” explains Jagger, seemingly dismissing years of high-profile appearances by one of the biggest rock ‘n’ roll bands in the world with one illogical sentence.

rolling-stones.jpg

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
That`s a shame, I would love to see a new album and tour....

Thanks for all the cool news articles that you provide!

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
This is BS....

Just like Mick & Keith not getting along...

It's just publicity....

staying in the headlines...

setting up for the kill....

There will be a Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Tour...

And the kill?....You! - after you shell out big bucks to buy a ticket!

Ha-ha! - who cares, life's expensive, can't take it with you when you go.

Look at it this way, after The Rolling Stones are gone, you'll only have Lady Gaga, Justin Beaverhead and Katy Perry left....which will probably please a lot folks in this forum....

The next big tour will be Coldplay/Radiohead tour - and how dull, stiff & boring will that be?

So, c'mon Stones! Save us and tour!!....we'll promise not to complain about ticket prices and how old you are!

:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am perfectly happy if the Stones never do a major tour again...it is going to happen one day.

No doubt this could all be posturing, and I've given up paying much attention to anything rock stars say anymore, when the tour is announced and the dates set then I'll believe it.

Oh and Groovy I know you are busy elsewhere, and out of touch here these days but the love for the classic old bands you adore is far greater and the threads far more popular in here than the 3 pop phenoms you slagged...but you already know that.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Oh and Groovy I know you are busy elsewhere, and out of touch here these days but the love for the classic old bands you adore is far greater and the threads far more popular in here than the 3 pop phenoms you slagged...but you already know that.

Justin Beaver, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry fans hanging out in a Classic Forum is ''out of touch'', if you ask me.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think someone is looking at the glass half empty. It's not a matter of one or the other. Contrary to what you might think it is possible to be a classic rock fan first and a modern pop fan second. Besides, there are way more rock threads than there are pop threads. You're just being a negative Nancy.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
The Stones 50th Anniversary is too much of a milestone for the main constituents to let pass by. There will be some sort of acknowledgement. What scale it is remains to be seen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online