No-Man (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yet another side project of Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson, who partners up with Tim Bowness to create something along the lines of ambient progressive rock. So far, i'm not too big of a fan of this duo just yet, as it is taking some time to get used to Steven Wilson being involved in a group that has a bit of a slower pace than his other work with Porcupine Tree and Blackfield. I do however really love the ambience aspect of it, more because it's different, and doesn't drag on like his solo work. Both members of this duo are extremely gifted in the art of music, so it's very cool to see the two work together to make an assortment of music that is calming but still has a prog feel to it.

NO-MAN
No-Man Website

2a7ao2u.jpg

They've released a total of six studio albums and an assortment of compilations, EP's and singles.

Album releases:
Loveblows & Lovecries - A Confession
Flowermouth
Wild Opera
Returning Jesus
Together We're Stranger
Schoolyard Ghosts

23mk7sl.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im gonna check out their first album, I love Porcupine Tree now so I am keen to listen to the other side stuff.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Im gonna check out their first album, I love Porcupine Tree now so I am keen to listen to the other side stuff.

Good to hear :grinthumb

No-Man is more of Steven Wilson's softer side, you still get his great vocals, but it's just very easy listening and soft, which is a nice change.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This ain't bad, dunno if it is progressive rock though. Sounds way different. Dunno, this isn't bad but it is incredibly hard to get into and enjoy. Not so sure this one is for me.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
This ain't bad, dunno if it is progressive rock though. Sounds way different. Dunno, this isn't bad but it is incredibly hard to get into and enjoy. Not so sure this one is for me.

I hear ya. It's still taking me a little while to get into it. I'm giving it a chance because Steven Wilson is involved, but it is very different in terms of the music he is usually involved with.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
So far, i'm not too big of a fan of this duo just yet, as it is taking some time to get used to Steven Wilson being involved in a group that has a bit of a slower pace than his other work with Porcupine Tree and Blackfield.

And it still remains to be this way for me in terms of No-Man in general. It's hard to get into the slower pace of Steven Wilson's project. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I can easily understand why someone would like it. I don't particularly hate it either. The Schoolyard Ghosts album out of all the releases I have by them is probably my favorite. They're definitely perfect for when I am in the mood for something calm and easy to listen to. Especially this song, it's got a good feel to it:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Second chances have a proven record for me that is good.
I dig this particular tune.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online