Nils Lofgren (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^^ I love Nils. He seems like such a sweet, humble guy. And he's a great guitarist. I still didn't pick up another CD by him yet. I'm not sure if I should go with the compilation or Cry Tough and I Came To Dance. I'll probably end up getting all three anyway though. :D Do you have Cry Tough MP?

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Cry Tough is a superb album Jackie. I keep meaning to get his last album Old School, but you know how it is, there can't be a rock fan on here who doesn't have a list as long as your arm of albums you keep meaning to get, but never do. The only time I saw him live as a solo act, he had a trampoline on stage, and several times he flipped during the show, couldn't quite believe my eyes at the time.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Then Cry Tough it is...thanks TS! :grinthumb

Best track for me on Cry Tough is Jailbait, which has a whole funky Little Feat/Z Z Top feel to it, that and the album title track anyway, though the whole record is a really nice groove, I love his guitar playing, it's pretty unique, reminds me of the way Mark Knopfler plays with all that fingerpicking. Enjoy the album, let us all know what you think!!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Nils has some very good free mp3 downloads on his official website, including an excellent video of Shine Silently. I first saw him live at the old Wembley Stadium, supporting The Who with The Stranglers (August 1979). Towards the end of his set, out of the blue, he suddenly did a back flip on a trampoline while still playing!

Nils Lofgren Music Downloads

NilsWarnerWornellJones.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online