Night Atmosphere 80s Music

Luca

Reaction score
I started really love 80s when I saw first time Miami Vice: the union of those atmospheres with that music was impressing.

What I liked most were night scenes in the city: unforgettable is the one with In the air tonight by Phil Collins

The atmosphere is something that you can find only in the 80s. As well as In the air tonight I dreamt when I heard You belong to the city by Glenn Frey

If you have MV complete episode soundtrack you can find other but these two are the best. Similar sensations I have when I listen to On my own by Stan Bush from the Bloodsport soundtrack (even if I prefer Paul Delph's version)

I can't give a name to such kind of songs: nightwalk, city lights, alone in the city...

When I get closer to AOR genre I discovered less known songs which rise me similar feelings

I don't know how to exactly classify this kind of music but who love 80s for sure understood me :)

Is very hard for me to find such songs (sometime I listen to entire album just to find one), so if somebody understood what I'm talking about and want to share his songs I thank him :)

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Did you see the movie Drive? Everything from that movie from the soundtrack to the visual style screamed 80's and was one of the best overall films in the last five years IMO. A lot of people absolutely love the score/soundtrack specifically for that reason.

Also, the remake of Maniac is a personal new favorite movie I've scene which also hones closely to the old 80's electronic scores that remind me of what Goblin did for movies by Dario Argento (Suspiria, etc.)!

Both had that nightlife vibe though maybe more on the score heavy side than the soundtrack song placed in a scene type that you are referencing! Either way maybe you'll dig these enough to look further! :grinthumb

Luca

Reaction score
I haven't seen yet Drive but I already put in my torrent to download :grinthumb
Always from Miami Vice and always from Phil Collins I find thins kind of vibe in Long long way to go

And what about 5 o'clock in the morning by Village People?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Miami Vice oozed with an 80's sound that didn't really attach itself to anything else the way that it did to Miami Vice. Phil Collins had a few songs that were used in the show. Also as you pointed out, Glen Frey. When I think of Glen, aside from the Eagles, I always think of the stuff he did that was related to Miami Vice or had that sort of theme to it.

Good stuff! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online