Nickel Creek (Official Thread)

Metal Health

Reaction score
Nickel Creek

This is one of my all time favorite bands. It features Chris Thile on mandolin, Sara Watkins on fiddle, and her brother Sean on guitar.

Discography

Little Cowpoke - 1993

Here To There - 1997

Nickel Creek - 2000

This Side - 2002

Why Should The Fire Die? - 2005

A Dotted Line - 2014

These are some of my favorites.

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thanks for making this thread! I'm really liking these guys (and gals)! :grinthumb I listened to all the songs you posted and would actually buy an album from them. Which would you have someone start with for an album? These are the performances they did with Fiona Apple that I had previously known them for:

Fiona Apple (w/ Nickel Creek)-Criminal and When I Get Low I Get High

Metal Health

Reaction score
Thanks for making this thread! I'm really liking these guys (and gals)! :grinthumb I listened to all the songs you posted and would actually buy an album from them. Which would you have someone start with for an album? These are the performances they did with Fiona Apple that I had previously known them for:

Fiona Apple (w/ Nickel Creek)-Criminal and When I Get Low I Get High

No doubt on this one. I would definitely have them start with the self titled album, Nickel Creek. It's the only one that I own but I love it.

Radagast

Reaction score
I enjoy nickle creek , yet I would like to know where they hail from. What is their story ?

:cheers2

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I enjoy nickle creek , yet I would like to know where they hail from. What is their story ?

:cheers2

Don't know too much about their background myself, but this is what Wikipedia says:

Formed in 1989 in Southern California, they released six albums between 1993 and 2006

The two families, the Watkinses and the Thiles, met after Sean Watkins and Chris Thile had mandolin lessons with the same music instructor, John Moore. Sara Watkins studied with Moore's bandmate, Dennis Caplinger. The band name comes from a song by Byron Berline, who was Sara Watkins' fiddle instructor

The band announced on February 3, 2014 that they would release a new album in the spring of 2014. Titled A Dotted Line, the album was produced by previous collaborator Eric Valentine and marked the group's first release on Nonesuch Records. Released on April 1, 2014 in the United States, the album coincided with the group's 25th anniversary.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Still learning how to create official threads. I'll remember that for next time.

Don't worry it's no big deal. We do have some guidelines posted in the "Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines" section, but ultimately it is up to the member who creates a thread to decide the structure etc. I personally prefer threads with a personal touch to overly formal threads.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online