New JIMI HENDRIX Album, 'Both Sides Of The Sky', Due In March

nedkelly

Reaction score
Janie is only interested in the cash, Leon, being Hendrixs' true brother should have got the rights to Jimi's music.
If my memory serves me well Kramer had been working with Jimi for a long time so the quality should be good.
Leon is a good musician himself and I like what he's doing to keep Jimi's artistic legacy alive.

E-Z

Reaction score
I always leaned more towards Jimi's studio & live recordings from the 1969-1970 period although having said that his 1966-1968 period is still very good.

With regards to 'live recordings' the one that I always hoped mite be released by EXPERIENCE HENDRIX one day is the JHE complete set from the RANDALL'S ISLAND POP FESTIVAL in July 1970 with Mitch Mitchell on drums & Billy Cox on bass this concert was recorded and a live version of RED HOUSE (one of several live versions of that blues song that exists) was posthumously released on THE JIMI HENDRIX CONCERTS ALBUM back in 1982 and maybe along with the complete first set from BERKELEY COMMUNITY CENTRE from May 1970 as well cos they already released the second of that nights complete set from Berkeley on cd 5 or 6 years ago.

E-Z

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Comes out today.
I heard a story about it on NPR on the ride in this morning.
Some great sounding stuff.
They talked to the producer of all of Jimi's stuff. Eddie Kramer.
Turns out that he used to work up most of his songs in the studio and work out the arrangements before putting them on an album
Luckily the producer "ran tape" for all of it. So there is a potential treasure trove of unreleased material with lots of other famous musicians.
He used to jam with everybody and it all went to tape.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/09/5919...imi-hendrix-trilogy-with-both-sides-of-the-sk

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
''13 studio recordings made between 1968 and 1970 — 10 of which have never before been released.''

Misleading to call it a new album. Its a new b-sides album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online