New Beatles iTunes commercial

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just what the world needs, yet Another recycled Beatles offering.

I have all the very best editions of their discography with only one exception, the 24-96 USB memory stick that came with their massive remastered set two years ago I think.

Not sure if I will bother with that either, I have all their MFSL vinyl editions on hand and I consider them the benchmark for any Beatles recordings.

The only thing I respect about Apple is their marketing strategy and that is all.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
As I've noted on another thread, there are plenty of things that Apple could release without re-issuing the music again. "Let It Be" and the Beatles cartoons have yet to see the light of day on DVD (not counting boots, of course). The "Magical Mystery Tour" DVD has been out of print for some time. And how about a DVD collection of the Beatles promo films? The music will be issued again and again over the next few years, as it's the 50th anniversary decade.

noodlez

Reaction score
It's a pretty neat commercial anyways...bringing to life the various album covers is not as easy as 30 seconds makes it appear.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great advert, I have the remastered Beatles CD's, well all but 1 but will not be buying them from iTunes, will be good to get the music to the masses ( not that there isn't anyone who doesn't know The Beatles-is there?) There will be many versions of their albums which is a shame, I too saw the USB memory stick apple special edit but decided not to buy it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I am not sure what is up with Apple and The Beatles. They must have some huge contract with whoever handles their brand because every single time I log in there they are pimping these albums that were released decades ago with no mention of other classic bands. No wonder The Beatles are still so commercially successful when today's generations are seeing them everyday on iTunes. Not a bad thing but it would be nice to see Apple endorse other classics. :grinthumb

whobeatle

classic rock fan
Reaction score
That exclusive deal with Apple-Apple will expire pretty soon, Itunes is probably
milking it before Amazon and the other vendors get to start selling Beatle product
downloads.

The real Jewel is the remaining unreleased songs from the Reunion in 94/95
the so called 3rd reunion song "Now and Then" was finished by McCartney
a couple years ago, according to one of the original Beatles engineers, among
others. there was a second song called "All For Love" written by McCartney/Harrison
and was not another Lennon demo. There is also the Christmas album,a version of
Sour Milk Sea, Carnival Of Light, .. A new expanded Yellow Submarine or some kind
of project where they could release that stuff has got to be in the pipeline. Why
bother finishing Now and Then in a series of sessions , with engineers and witnesses
crying from joy, if they aren't gonna put it out ?

Who the heck would buy the Beatles on Itunes? if your cool enough to like the Beatles, your cool enough to kick your feet up and listen to the white album on the stereo with a CD

Kids just getting turned on to the beatles, who dont listen much to physical media I understand, us older guys have to hold the line.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
As I've noted on another thread, there are plenty of things that Apple could release without re-issuing the music again. "Let It Be" and the Beatles cartoons have yet to see the light of day on DVD (not counting boots, of course). The "Magical Mystery Tour" DVD has been out of print for some time. And how about a DVD collection of the Beatles promo films? The music will be issued again and again over the next few years, as it's the 50th anniversary decade.

...and the Magical Mystery Tour that was on DVD is pretty poor picture quality..the sound is cool. But it was an independant company. I do remember the Magical Mystery Tour Official release from Apple on VHS and THAT looked and sounded better.

Still have a copy of that as well.

Yup we need a remaster there, a Let It Be Official release and the cartoons would so be cool.

I also have those, but trade show purchases.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
There was, at least briefly, an official release of "Magical Mystery Tour" on DVD. It was part of a 4 disc set from MPL. The set contained "MMT", "HELP!", "You Can't Do That: The Making of A Hard Day's Night" and "The First U.S. Visit". A copy in decent condition fetches a pretty penny on ebay nowadays.

whobeatle

classic rock fan
Reaction score
Giles Martin and the modern Abbey Road Beatle crew did recent restorations and enhancements for a revamped Mystery Tour movie, which is in the pipeline,

Original Let It Be producer, I believe his name is Bob Smeaton, recently said publicly, that, both an enhanced cleaned up Let it Be and Mystery Tour were in the pipeline for back to back releases in 2012-13

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online