Need your input..

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I personally have no musical talent and play no instrument but I would like hearing about what those who do have talent play.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have an idea, make a musician's thread thing, like a musicians sub forum thing, to discuss istruments we play and what not, it seems we have adecent amount of musicians on here and if we have lik ea musician subforum it could also attract new people if they do a search for it

I will, and also add a video forum in that same section so that you can show off your talents ;)

Pete_C

The Dogfather
Reaction score
Here's a few ideas that are pretty easy to implement, and equally easy to get rid of if they don't have the desired effect. A Chatbox (the chilled-out term for a shoutbox) :D allows real-time communication between members, and can be a great ice-breaker. A chatbox gives a friendly ambience (imo) and can be reassuring for new members who may be having a problem using the forums.

Someone also mentioned an arcade which is also a good idea, although consideration needs to be given to the possibility of members spending too much time gaming instead of posting.

vBulletin has a plethora of add-ons and modifications that can expand and add interest. In addition to the YouTube embedding, it's also possible to install a code that would allow embedding of MP3 files . . . that would be pretty cool on a music forum. Another is the "Moods" hack. Members get to add a little interchangeable graphic to their profile to indicate how they're feeling. Some very funny moods can be added.

As has already been said, this site is not lacking in content. It's a case of giving folks more to do when they're here, and consequently better reason to return often. Just my 2 cents worth.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will be adding the mp3 embedding soon, when I find a good mod for it. The chatbox and arcade will take away from users posting and I would slow up the forum.

I will look for the mp3 embedding mod.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online