My Top 500 Albums

angshu

Reaction score
my moment of revelation, that was. imagine hearing it for the first time.
first there's the crunchy little riff.
and there's the same crunchy little riff, but it's doubled on the bass.
and then keith moon makes a ****load of noise.
only then the song begins.
that blew my substance ravaged teenage mind.

actually, there's a little tale. i'd bought this cd on a friend's recommendation without having heard anything much by the 'oo. the same night, i'd gone to watch coldplay and travis in concert, and a nice tunefest that was too.
on my way back, i put this thing on on my discman.
i never could listen to coldplay and travis again.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me a copy cause she didn't really like it.
It didn't really sound like she expected it to sound, she said.
I took it home and gave it a spin.

you probably know, on vinyl they pared the material (as we now know it) down to a solid two sides of the heaviest shit most people had put in their earholes at the time.
I was thunderstruck!!!! Something happened that never happened. My dad heard 'young man's blues', walked over to the stereo and turned it UP.

The package was awesome too. Clippings and photos in a buff binder sort of thing.
My friend asked me how I liked it. I told her I LOVED it. She apologized and said she had been hasty. She asked if she could have it back. To her surprise she really missed it.
I told her I understood and thanked her for introducing me and my DAD to one of the very finest rock and roll albums we'd ever heard.

I love the version I have on cd now. It's not quite the concentrated blast of testosterone that the original configuration was but that's o.k. The Who can really do a number of things well. Nice to have so many of them in one place.

P

PennyLane12

My top 10 Albums would be
-Dark side of the moon- (totally cliche, you can't fully appreciate Pink Flpyd until you've taken drugs)
-Sgt. Pepper- (the beatles wow me)
-The Doors First Album- (too good to be true)
- Highway to Hell- (AC/DC is the definiton of rock and roll)
- Axis Bold as Love-(Hendirx is a rock god)
-Zepppelin 4- (as overplayed as it is, Stairway, Rock and Roll, Mad Dog, and When the Levee Breaks, is amazing)
-Three Friends-(a band called Gentle Gaiant, total acid rock, buy the album it will change your life)
-Tommy- (a perfect demonstration of the Who's brilliance)
-Ziggy Stardust-(gota love Bowie)
- Abbey Road- ( the Beatles are my Favorite)

kvcoty

Reaction score
Re: Discussion on my top albums

Led Zeppelin II the best album of all time

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online