My humble introduction

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I was referred here by a member named Bryan, a fellow who lives in NH that I know from when I was college. He sent me the link ages ago, along with his screen name (which I forgot), but I never got around to posting until now.

Anyway, I'm a 30 y/o Mainer who was on non-commercial radio for nine years as a disc jockey and listens to just about any type of rock. I used to have a really large collection of albums, not so much now.

I'm partial to 70's rock, the hair band era and a little bit of alternative rock. About the only thing I don't enjoy much of is the garage band or "grunge" genre or stuff in the Type O Negative & Danzig vein (doom?).

With that said, I'm not one to put labels on music. To me, it is more cut-and-dried. Either it is rock or it isn't, and I'll pick and choose what I like.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to CRF! I think you probably mean Soot and Stars, unless there's another Bryan here I don't know about :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I was referred here by a member named Bryan, a fellow who lives in NH that I know from when I was college. He sent me the link ages ago, along with his screen name (which I forgot), but I never got around to posting until now.

If I had to take a guess you were refered by out lovable Soot and Stars. :D

Welcome Aeroplane. Judging from your tastes I'd say you'll find plenty to your liking. :)

Flower

retired
Reaction score
A friend of Sooty? ....:peek

welcome.gif

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Thanks for jogging my memory because I am pretty sure that was the screen name Bryan told me to look for. He sent it to me in an email or Facebook message, which of course I promptly deleted on accident. At least I remembered the correct web address for the forums.

I met "Soot" in the early 2000's through my old college roommate Nate, who was best friends with Bryan. He sat in on a couple of radio shows that Nate and I hosted together at the campus radio station. We spun some New Radicals tunes he wanted to get on the air, a band that I am sure he talks about here :D

"Soot" and I got along well enough that we managed to stay in contact one way or another since then.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.