........plus various compilation albums :grinthumb

Attachments

• My+Dying+Bride.jpg
    My+Dying+Bride.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have added 3 more MY DYING BRIDE albums to my collection....thanks to our good friend b.o.b and his recomendations :grinthumb
You cant beat a bit of doom and gloom to cheer you up [ ??!! ] :grinthumb
Heres 2 excellent tracks showing the true dark emotional splendour of MY DYING BRIDE........:wa Im reaching for my hankerchief :wa

My Wine in Silence

The Raven Wings

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I always knew about them because most of the Doom Metal/Gothic bands I listen to are always compared to them, but recently I decided to give them a spin just to see what were they about. I started off with Turn Loose the Swans and wow was I very impressed. THIS is what Gothic Music is all about...dark, romantic, poetic, moving, emotional, and simply grandiose. Now I'm really looking forward to hearing their other stuff :grinthumb

The Snow in My Hand

This song is a Masterpiece!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Quote Taboo "THIS is what Gothic Music is all about...dark.romantic,poetic ,moving, emotional, and grandoise"

Totally agreed!! :cheers2

The" gothic "tag has been around since the 70s .....Siouxsie and the Banshees,Bauhaus,...even Joy Division.
This century Gothic music and fashion is well divided ....Gothic rock,Gothic Metal, Gothic symphonic metal,darkwave,E.b.m...etc...etc..not emo lol.....but if it has the qualities you mentioned Taboo it passes the test for me.
Good to see you listening to inspiring bands like VIRGIN BLACK from Australia.....these guys admit to being heavily influenced by MY DYING BRIDE.I have been very impressed by their musical qualities :grinthumb

b.o.b.

Reaction score
347589.jpg

The new album 'A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES' will be released October 15th In Europe and 16th In the USA on Peaceville Records on CD, double vinyl & special edition CD/DVD.

My Dying Bride - Kneel till Doomsday

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
I've been meaning to check these guys out but have so much teed up on my "to listen to" schedule that I still havent got round to it. Any recommendations on a good album to start with?

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I've been meaning to check these guys out but have so much teed up on my "to listen to" schedule that I still havent got round to it. Any recommendations on a good album to start with?
I'd say you should start with The Angel and the Dark River. And Turn Loose the Swans is also good. I only started listening to these guys two months ago so I have alot to check out.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Thanks for that b.o.b !! Looking forward to the new MY DYING BRIDE album.....the track you uploaded was superb. I have been on a MY DYING BRIDE spending spree of late and their music is constantly on the cd player.
Since this thread started I have added 6 albums....all of them brilliant, a real inspiration.
Great to see Taboo and Stiff take an interest in this excellent gothic/doom metal band :cheers2 Keep collecting those albums !! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online