My Chemical Romance (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
images

Official Website

I know I may get blasted for this...but I actually like these guys!! :heheh:

One of the better melodic/punk/emo bands of the 21st century IMO. Just seeing if there are other fans here, casual fans and see what those people have to add.

Those that don't like are welcome also.
:cheers2

Discography

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
37e581b0c8a0febdf2bca110.L._AA240_.jpg

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
d3b9228348a079e88ee60110.L._AA240_.jpg

The Black Parade
e273729fd7a00e4056a5f010.L._AA240_.jpg

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
8886a83d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: My Chemical Romance

Really liked these guys and I've seen them twice live. I believe that this is a band that has grown right before my eyes as the first time I saw them at Taste of Chaos they were very rough around the edges live. When you think that the lead singer was just a comic book guy before joining the band it actually makes sense. He got inspired, joined a band and learned by the seat of his pants. I really think he's in the same frame of mind as Billy Corgan as everything he does aims to be epic right down to the visual style that accompanies the bands music itself. Also Billy didn't have a traditionally great voice but he made it work. Also to some people annoyance he's connected with his fan base in the same way Billy did by relating to the youth. Anyway, seeing them the second time at Projekt Revolution with their epic stage show inspired by the epic The Black Parade they blew every other band away including headliners Linkin' Park! They just owned everything they sang with grandiose perfection. It was like a rock (not emo) opera! :grinthumb

So for songs, (Helena is great by the way) I choose:

The Ghost of You
(my favorite song by them, just intense and pulls you in)

Cancer
(I couldn't believe he could actually sing this when i saw them, I thought it was only studio work)

Mama
(a great fun song)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Fortunately I've been out of high school long enough now that I'm starting to like this band again. I liked their work a few years back before all the fans of my area got a hold of them. Before I know it there are 1100 girls walking around my high school wear all black all the time and are writing fan fiction about all of the band members suddenly being gay and having sex on the stage and insane crap like that (which included Gerard and Mickey WHO ARE BROTHERS). Also if anyone were to call My Chem emo then they would instantly have 25 girls jumping down their throats about how "Gerard hates emo! He says it's shit!" and literally trying to scratch the offender's face.

It is because of this coocoo pants fans that I distanced myself from this band for quite a while. And I've heard people give me crap about not liking something "just because it's popular even if I liked it before" to which I have to emphatically deny. Cupcakes are good right? Well they aren't so good when everyone is laughing hysterically with mouthfuls of chocolate on display and frosting all around their mouth like a clinically insane person whilst they try and shove that once perfectly good cupcake, which is now nothing more a clump of dough and icing that has been thoroughly crush in their fist so that it oozes out from between their knuckles, in your face. That is where I stop liking cupcakes. Lucky for me though I have escaped the crazy cupcake house and can now savor the frosted muffins without getting flashbacks like a Nahum veteran.

Overall My Chemical Romance is a band that gets made fun of more than they probably should (the psychotic fans should be made fun of more though) with the only real complaint I have with them being that I don't really like some of their lyrics. They seem really whiny or trying to be overly deep (and failing) at times and I don't really need that kind of angst. I like their music though. Here are my two faves:

Riff Raff edit - Dead videos removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

These guys put out a new song recently:

Really I'm not really satisfied with it. I think it takes what I liked about the band and throws it out the window. :/

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I did see their new album a few days ago, but I am not a huge fan of theirs, but I also think they get bashed way too much but that is life in the food chain if you get tagged with the EMO label.(I will never understand that entire emo culture of kids and the angst that drives them to do questionable things to themselves...and I don't want to dig into it either.:nw:)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I saw their new album in my internet travels, but haven't picked it up yet to listen. I like the newest single, though, "Sing"

71NDdURqU3L._SY300_.jpg

Terra812

Reaction score

EMO label? I have no idea what that means. Since I like these guys should this frighten and confuse me :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online