My apologies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He is our friend from another pen Midnight, and I think he will be a great addition here, and this is his "Grand Entrance", most of his gems he has posted so he'll be just another one of the gang now.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LG, I don't think Midnight meant Bry personally, I think he meant Celine....

Midnight loves to see posts :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You are probably right, when I logged in and opened new posts the page filled with Celine Entries...;)

I am starting a Petition for Celine to pick another username...this one is TOO long. He can always write an epic I Hate Celine thread to vent his spleen, and chose a better name...just kickin' the idea around...lol.

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
I look forward to the posts....but that creepy picture of Celine with that alien....might be a bit tough to see all the time.....

F

FoxyPage

I'm not trying to be a bitch but we just hand out mod spots like that? I am NOT asking to be a mod but there are a few 2006 (even one or two 2005) members here and I don't see why someone like Midnight Rider isn't chosen as a mod (or maybe he is and the mod thing doesn't show up under his name. Then, I would choose Flower). I understand you guys are all e-friends from other places but it's not fair to just hand out mod spots for that reason. You guys came over here, which is fine, of course, but that doesn't mean we just recruit people as mods because we are friends in another forum.

I think a more senior member of this forum should have been added and I would have chosen Midnight (if not already) or Flower, personally. Mod spots in forums shouldn't become a 'because we're friends' thing. It's not to say he isn't a good poster in other forums but what happens in other forums stays in other forums. It's not fair to a more senior member that someone who just joined a month ago gets a mod spot.

My two cents, I know it sounds rude but it's not my intention. I just think it's not fair to older members who have put effort into the place for years compared to someone who joined in September. It really is a 'turn off' in a forum when people start with favouritism, which is what this is. You just randomly said 'oh yeah, here's a mod spot'.

Really not fair at all.

By the way, to make this crystal clear, I DO NOT have anything against him or anyone else in this forum whatsoever. I just think a member should work themselves up to being a mod and actually earn it instead of getting it handed to them. This is all being said in a friendly tone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence Foxy. I guess you may not have noticed since I don't advertise it but I am a mod. I have not felt any need to do mod stuff especially lately because the new mods are doing a great job. If you get out of hand, and I know you wont. But if you did you would hear from me.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
He is our friend from another pen Midnight, and I think he will be a great addition here, and this is his "Grand Entrance", most of his gems he has posted so he'll be just another one of the gang now.:grinthumb

I did not mean anything against Celine the member. My goodness no. He is a great addition to the forum and I know he will add alot. I was just being my puckish mischievious self.

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
I think I understand your issue Foxy, and I agree that people shouldn't just be made mods cause someone feels like it. But I believe that LG and Magic make informed choices about things like this. I can't speak for them, only their character. I bet they asked a few people before making this choice. Or checked with people who do have seniority before making this decision. Not everyone wants to be a mod....

But either way I agree with you and disagree with you. I agree Mod spots shouldn't be handed out frivolously but Celine (Bry) is highly motivated to forums he's dedicated his time to....I think it'll be a good thing and I'm a old friend of Magic and LG's too and wasn't even in the contention and I'm OK with that. The choices they make are no spur of the moment decisions and are usually discussed with the team....

I don't mean to come off as "teachers pet" but I believe they made an informed decision and personally have no problem with it.

I'm sorry it rustled your feathers...but new blood can be a good thing.

These are all my opinions and do not reflect on anything other than my meager ideals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online