Mustaine, Hetfield, and Ulrich: Possible reunion

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"On his rekindled friendship with his former bandmates, METALLICA's Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield:

Mustaine: "I've talked to Lars and James about me and David [Ellefson, MEGADETH bassist] doing a supergroup record with Lars and James. Well, James never said 'no,' but it's still kind of out there in the air. I'm gonna keep hammering on him. It's on my bucket list."

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DAVE MUSTAINE Wants To Form 'Supergroup' With METALLICA's HETFIELD, ULRICH

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Why not? They are all young enough and mature enough to get it together for a project like this. After the Death Magnetic world tour I am sure James and Lars would like something different to do for a while and Metallica will always be there.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me if this did or didn't come about. Just hope Megadeth do tours for their new album is all that is important to me, I need to see Megadeth live.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It actually would be pretty cool if this did happen now I think about it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think it would be good for all of them. Puts an exclamation point on their past differences being over and done with, doesn't affect either Megadeth or Metallica long term, could produce a fantastic Metal album for us and reinvigorate all of them when they do go back to their main bands.

Win, win and yet more win...also it's just a singular project, nothing else attached and if it worked and had spectacular success then they might do it again in a few years.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least they didn't call it a Metallica reunion, that is impossible without Cliff Burton.
I agree LG an album of this kind would be legendary for metal.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Considering Mustaine, Hetfield and Ulrich were all wasted out of their minds back in the early days, and have sobered up now to the point of being able to get back on good terms I think it would be a lot of fun for all of them.

But if Hetfield doesn't want to do it, that will end it before it gets off the ground.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I read about this about a week or so ago. The original thing I read made it sound like Dave, Lars and Elf were all on board with it, and it's Hetfield that needs to decide if he wants to do it or not.

*shrug* I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. I think fan expectations would be really ****ing high and I'm not sure that these 4 could meet those expectations.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope Hetfield does consider it at least, this would do the metal world a lot of good too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online