MP3 Sound Quality Improvement: Bongiovi Acoustics

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I highly, highly recommend the Bongiovi Acoustics DPS real time MP3 remaster technology. It's like removing a veil from the music! Seriously, much warmer sound and it doesn't significantly colour it either.

Apparently it's an active processor that scans and optimises the signal in real time.

Never heard anything like it and at $20 for Mac/ PC and free on iPhone it's hard to beat.

For an old Audiophile like me who is even dissatisfied with 320 Kbps, it's manna from heaven.

Listening to Exile on Main Street and it's quite remarkable.

Bongiovi Acoustics

Bongiovi DPS - Macworld Australia

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have seen this "expander" type of technology on quite a few mid level and up AV amplifiers the last couple of years. The Denon I looked at was quite nice, but any kind of compression of the original signal will lead to losing something.

But Anything any company does to improve the sound of MP3 or AAC files is a good thing.

Interesting article Coltrane.:cheers:

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I have seen this "expander" type of technology on quite a few mid level and up AV amplifiers the last couple of years. The Denon I looked at was quite nice, but any kind of compression of the original signal will lead to losing something.

But Anything any company does to improve the sound of MP3 or AAC files is a good thing.

Interesting article Coltrane.:cheers:

Totally agree re: compression. I was sceptical until I heard it, as every "equaliser" I've ever heard whether pre or post digital age has done nothing other than colour the source sound (usually with horrendous consequences).

This sounds different; it appears to succeed in cleaning up the Mp3 music signal rather than messing with the source sound.

The trial version lasts about 4 -5 songs and I couldn't help myself from immediately purchasing!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Did you listen to it on your i-pod or a stereo system Coltrane?

Just curious because I for one can't stand those "Sound Docks" they've lobbed out there as proper stereo gear.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
^^Did you listen to it on your i-pod or a stereo system Coltrane?

Just curious because I for one can't stand those "Sound Docks" they've lobbed out there as proper stereo gear.

Give the trial version a go. I know you have discerning ears, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. It immediately adds volume, but I can hear much more than that in terms of a much more musical sound.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll have to do it tomorrow Coltrane, I haven't hooked up my speakers to this PC yet.;)

But I love all this technical stuff.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online