Movie scores and soundtracks

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I like the ST to "Clockwork Orange" far more than the movie Architect.:D

I like the movie too, but the music just makes it that much better. But it could have turned out very different.

Did you know.... Stanley Kubrick originally wanted to use Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother Suite as the music for A Clockwork Orange but Roger Waters said no. Kubrick wanted to cut it up and use the parts as he saw fit. Waters wanted it used as a whole piece or not at all.

I think it goes well with the visuals. :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
So I was listening to some ambient music before bed the other evening and "Elysium" by (at least credited to, but also by Hans Zimmer) Lisa Gerrard popped up and not looking at my iPad screen I thought "This sounds very familiar". Put together with "Honor Him" and "Now We Are Free" this trio can be found at the ending of Gladiator in the scenes where Maximus defeats and kills Commodus and the subsequent scene where he's making his way to his deceased son and wife in the afterlife in what I always considered the Elysian Fields (hence the name). It had slipped my mind how extraordinary this film's soundtrack was and I'm glad Lynch gave it some recognition previously in this thread. I may need to purchase this one. :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
The entire Gladiator score = one of the best movie scores ever IMHO. :bow:

Totally agree, it's engrossing in its own right even if it stood alone as a piece of classical music with no connection to a movie. Zimmer has been around a while but this was the one I think which really launched him into stardom as a movie composer, I have a few of his scores on disc, Hannibal , King Arthur, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, couple of others. I actually don't know how these movie composers do it, a guy like Zimmer can do 8-10 full and incredibly complex scores a year, and all of them need scoring for each instrument part, orchestrating, and then recording. When you think that many rock bands, often with 4 or 5 separate minds at work, they often take 3 or 4 years just writing and laying down 10 tracks of new material, with each track maybe only 5 minutes duration each. Ok I know bands do other stuff (touring etc) but it's mindboggling to me what guys like Zimmer achieve, and he is right up there with the best.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Just perfect: Vangelis - Blade Runner

Forrest Gump Theme by Alan Silvestri

Last edited:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Great choices b.o.b.

Vangelis is an amazing composer/musician, first got into him with an album called 'Heaven and Hell' long before he did movies, lots of synths and even a choir as I recall, epic stuff.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
One of the best from the Two Towers soundtrack. I really need to purchase these.

Evenstar

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I don't know if it counts, but Woodstock's soundtrack is pretty groovy.

One of the most awesome western soundtracks ever.

Elmer Bernstein - The Magnificent Seven

This might be my favorite soundtracks of all time. I couldn't find the entire soundtrack, so I'm just posting the title cut.

I'll tell ya, though, this movie is absolutely loaded with great music.

Superstar - Jesus Christ Superstar

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Going a bit more casual here, since the title does also say "soundtracks"... one of the most fun soundtracks I have in my collection is the one from Adam Sandler's "50 First Dates". They're almost all remakes of older songs to an island/reggae theme to keep with the film. I'm not sure if this sort of soundtrack is allowed in this thread but I'll mention it anyway as it's one of my favorites. :)

41CKJGWJTVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. Hold Me Now - Wayne Wonder
2. Love Song - 311
3. Lips Like Sugar - Seal
4. Your Love - Wyclef Jean
5. Drive - Ziggy Marley
6. True - Will.I.Am/Fergie
7. Slave to Love - Elan Atias
8. Every Breath You Take - UB40
9. Ghost In You - Mark McGrath
10. Friday, I'm in Love - Dryden Mitchell
11. Breakfast In Bed - Nicole Kea
12. I Melt With You - Jason Mraz
13. Forgetful Lucy - Adam Sandler

I Melt With You ~ Jason Mraz

Drive ~ Ziggy Marley

Every Breath You Take ~ UB40

ecisgod

Reaction score
Going a bit more casual here, since the title does also say "soundtracks"... one of the most fun soundtracks I have in my collection is the one from Adam Sandler's "50 First Dates". They're almost all remakes of older songs to an island/reggae theme to keep with the film. I'm not sure if this sort of soundtrack is allowed in this thread but I'll mention it anyway as it's one of my favorites. :)

41CKJGWJTVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. Hold Me Now - Wayne Wonder
2. Love Song - 311
3. Lips Like Sugar - Seal
4. Your Love - Wyclef Jean
5. Drive - Ziggy Marley
6. True - Will.I.Am/Fergie
7. Slave to Love - Elan Atias
8. Every Breath You Take - UB40
9. Ghost In You - Mark McGrath
10. Friday, I'm in Love - Dryden Mitchell
11. Breakfast In Bed - Nicole Kea
12. I Melt With You - Jason Mraz
13. Forgetful Lucy - Adam Sandler

I Melt With You ~ Jason Mraz

Drive ~ Ziggy Marley

Every Breath You Take ~ UB40

Great soundtrack! Most of Sandler's Movies have good soundtracks imo.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online