Movie scores and soundtracks

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I loved Dirk in the original. He was probably my favorite character. I agree, I didn't like what they did with the new "Starbuck", which wasn't even her name (Kara Thrace). She was the one character that I truly never embraced in the newer TV series. I also wasn't a big fan of Baltus either. Overall though, I did enjoy most of the series.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I keep an open mind especially for "off the grid" shows like Battlestar, but even though my little brother was a big fan and kept bugging me I just never...got it.

The music is okay, I can listen to it no problem.:grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Btw, proof that the new Peter Jackson 'Hobbit' movies are in production, he has posted a couple of pics of himself in Bilbo's house at Hobbiton on his blog, can't wait!...

ou7hhs.jpg

2q0ug3p.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He sure has taken a lot better care of himself the last few years, when I first saw his pictures 10 years ago he was chubby, now he looks like he's ready to run a marathon.:D

I was surprised by the whole contractual/royalty battle from LOTR, which pushed this project back a few years easily. But at least things are settled and now we can look forward to another great movie...albeit in two parts.

TheSound

Reaction score
Just hope they can get two big movies out of a novel which in most editions is barely 350 pages long, I know LotR went to three huge movies, but that comes in at around 1200 pages in many editions if you combine Fellowship, Towers, and RotK...plus 200 pages of appendix!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think the trip from Bag End to Beorn's or Mirkwood would be a logical place to end the first movie. And then there is enough story to fill another 2 hours for the epic climax. We'll see how they work it, one thing is certain TS, I don't think they need to sell me two copies of the DVD's this time the first edition and then the Extended versions, it should come out already stuffed to the gills with Everything from the book in place.

TheSound

Reaction score
Nice movie called Ladies in Lavender with Judy Dench and Maggie Smith, don't know if you've seen it, a young Russian guy gets washed up on a beach, and two elderly sisters take him in, one of them falls in love with him even though she's old enough to be his grandmother. Anyway, he's a brilliant violin prodigy, and the theme tune to the movie is played here by Joshua Bell, it's fairly romantic slushy stuff, the movie itself is a good half-a-box of kleenex tissues, make that a box-and-a-half if you're my wife, :uh: .... but I think a very nice tune if you are in a soppy mood and need something to relax you...

TheSound

Reaction score
Watched one of my favourite movies the other night on DVD - after the kids were in bed! The Mothman Prophecies. This movie scared the bejesus out of me the first time I saw it one afternoon in a run down old movie theatre in New York City, with only about 10 other people in the place, half of them I think were serial killers, and the other half their most recent victims!!

Anyway, it has a great soundtrack by Tomandandy which I love, especially the song 'Half Light' which plays over the closing credits, has a great driving rock feel to it but with some added weirdness to spice it up!

TheSound

Reaction score
Welcome to the movie scores thread Noodlez, really great stuff all of this, especially the Frankenstein suite by Patrick Doyle, and the Danny Elfman Batman, in fact I really enjoyed that whole sequence you posted, some of it I never heard before, so make sure you call in again!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online