Movie scores and soundtracks

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
another decent composer is Mark Snow......responsible for the music behind the X Files.

big-the-x-files-the-truth-and-the-light-ost.jpg

The+X-Files+I+Want+To+Believe+-+OST+(2008).jpg

Capa.png

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The Ring movies have some spooky music as well:

the-ring-horror-movie-poster.jpg

VWgrHoHWU2O6pWZnNl9LqTnGveQTalBg3HDC1ljV-TCAAA&t=1.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Yes the entire movie soundtracks were released, here's what they look like.

fxtqbn.jpg
c6k44.jpg

You also get a comprehensive booklet and a DVD audio version as well in every edition.

Like everything else this collection is done with tender loving care, and you can tell.​

OMG!!

Though priced at £123 from Amazon, I need to consider this carefully, but on balance I will have to own these, or possibly never forgive myself, so thanks LG for that.

P&C I couldn't agree more about those The Ring movies, the whole thing just creeped me out, I don't scare easy, but the first time I saw The Ring it made me shudder, Ring 2 was almost as good (sequels as we know often bomb) There is to be a 3rd movie in 2012, made in 3D, so God help us all when that creepy kid actually crawls out of the screen and sits in our lap, I think my 3D spectacles might get ripped off pretty damn quick! The music is just great, love some of the stuff we are coming up with. I like Mark Snow's stuff Magic, though it got better as the X-Files series progressed I thought, and began as a slightly boring synthesized type spook drone for the first 3 or 4 series, but got a lot better, so thanks for sharing that too.

Here's a couple from me before bedtime! Just loved Thomas Newman's work on American Beauty, such an effective simplicity to it, but quite haunting...sorry all 3 clips look the same, but as you will hear, they aren't!...

Incidentally, there's a pretty wild and funky dance mix of this theme called 'American Booty' which I totally love, never heard it until we went to a wedding in DC a couple of years ago, and at the wedding party the DJ played it full volume, and within 2-3 minutes there were about 300 people all dancing to it and going nuts, give it a minute to get going, once the killer bass comes in, IMO it's pretty cool stuff!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^I was unaware that they were going to make a 3rd Ring. I cannot say i'm surprised to hear that it's going to be in 3D though. At least, that's what im assuming from your "3D spectacles" comment. I saw the first Ring movie when I was a lot younger. Imagine seeing that girl crawl out of the well when you're just a kid. It's scary as all hell. I couldn't watch it again for the longest time. But eventually I did, and I fell in love with the story.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
There's NO WAY they can do a Ring movie in 3D and not have Samara (the girl) creep out of the screen towards the audience, the quality and realism of 3D is so advanced these days, I can't wait to be scared almost to death! Actually, I can't find out if Naomi Watts is to be in it, though I very much doubt it, as the third movie is to be a PREQUEL, so it looks like we may get to find out more about the story of Samara...what a lovely girl!!!..

655b6f0c-baca-411b-a3a6-8f0be0207a4a_Samara_Morgan.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The story behind Samara. That is going to be an amazing story. I've always wondered what had happened prior to her parents pushing her down the well. I'll definitely see it for the creepy factor.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bear McCreary composer for Battlestar Galactica

bearmccreary.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You know I am a Sci-fi fan but didn't like Battlestar Galactica at all...something never clicked for me.:dunno:

Here's a magnificent orchestral score from what many people consider the best Star Trek movie ever made, "The Wrath of Khan". Before you get twitchy about Trekkies and all the silliness, you should just give this one a spin, it is glorious, stupendous and splendiferous music. James Horner at his very best I think.

6704-star-trek-ii-cd-cover.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Bear McCreary composer for Battlestar Galactica

I really liked that series as a whole. When I first started renting the DVDs, it took me a while to get into it. watched like 2 discs then took a good year or more off from it, then went back and totally got into it.

The music used in the series was definitely good. Good add Magic. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^One word sums up my distaste for that series Lynch..."Starbuck". I thought Dirk Benedict's character was bad, but compared to the new version he was Oscar material for me.

:peek

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online