Mountain (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
View attachment 219477

insanely good cover of James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s Man’s World”

Full Album

MOUNTAIN my all time favourite 1970s & 1980s North American heavy rock band, Leslie you are missed.

Man's World I have it on cd and it's an ok album released in 1995 I think anyway my favourite song on the album is CREST OF A SLUMP turned up loud!!.

RedSG

Reaction score
Do I like Mountain? What's not to like? :)
I bought the 45 rpm of Mississippi Queen when it came out so I could slow it down to 33 rpm on my trusty mono record player and try to learn the licks.
It's still a great song.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Great hard rock band,,,saw them summer 1970 in Chicago.....no opening act that I can recall....
after I bought Mississippi Queen lp I discovered Leslie had done a previous one called 'Mountain'.

E-Z

Reaction score
Great hard rock band,,,saw them summer 1970 in Chicago.....no opening act that I can recall....
after I bought Mississippi Queen lp I discovered Leslie had done a previous one called 'Mountain'.
That is when the band were at a peak of performing during 1970-71 plus they had some great material on the first three albums MOUNTAIN CLIMBING, NANTUCKET SLEIGHRIDE and FLOWERS OF EVIL also I have a liking for the double-live album TWIN PEAKS (live in Japan 1973) and MOUNTAIN AVALANCHE.

West, Bruce & Laing "outa sight dudes!" and The Leslie West band 1976 too much rock dudes!!.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I own Mountain Climbing, Nantucket Sleighride and Mystic Fire. I haven’t listened to those albums in a long time. Man’s World popped up on my YouTube recommended list…and that’s why I gave it a listen. I was super impressed by the James Brown cover that I added it to my YouTube favorites.

i wrote an album review for Nantucket Sleighride

E-Z

Reaction score
I saw MOUNTAIN back in 2002 in central London and way after there 'golden age' between 1969-1974 anyway they were over in the UK promoting the 'Mystic Fire' album that featured Leslie on guitar & vocals and Corky (Laing) on drums along with Ritchie Scarlett on bass and backing vocals.

Anyway at the gig Leslie ever the comedian on stage and when some of the audience of maybe 500-600 started chanting CORKY!. CORKY!. CORKY!. CORKY!. CORKY!. Corky picked up on the chant on his bass drum and Leslie spoke into the stage mic "Jeeeze don't start that c--t off!!" which got a big laugh from the audience also towards the end of there set Leslie asked the audience what song did they want to hear and some dude in the audience calls out "Silver paper!" and Leslie says into the stage mic "Na not that song, I always hated that f--king song!!" which got another laugh from the audience ;)

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online