Mistweaver - Tales From The Grave (2010)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Album: Tales From The Grave
Band: Mistweaver
Reviewer: Prime & Cunishment

Mistweaver+(Esp)+-+Tales+from+the+Grave.jpg

1star.png
1star.png
1star.png
1star.png
1star.png

To say this album is ok, is in my opinion, an understatement. Mistweaver alone has a pure melodic death metal sound to them. But mix that with a fantastically produced album, and you get a great band with exceptional talent. This is one of the first albums I ever heard from this band, and I was instantly taken away by both the music ability, and the growls. Every song from start to finish is jam packed with energy and "fierce-ness", each song leaves you thinking "wow, that was a great song". From first listen (which seems like forever ago), I knew I was going to be hooked on these guys. First song I heard was "Voices From The Grave", and it's a phenomenal song. I haven't heard a lot of songs that have left me in shock at how great it is performed:

[GROOVESHARK]25022818[/GROOVESHARK]

Out of the whole album, that song is what still to this day, continues to stick out the most. Opinions will obviously vary.

Melodic Death Metal in general is one of the most amazing genres. But when you have great bands releasing great albums such as this, it's almost hard to not fall in love with other bands with the same or greater variation of talent and intensity. I strongly recommend this album to anybody who is either into Melodic Death Metal or is willing to give the genre a chance.

As you can see above, this album gets a 5 out of 5.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Mistweaver - Tales From The Grave

I definitely dig the music in that song you posted. 'vocals' though? I keep trying to find something like that, that I can say "I really dig it". Hasn't happened yet.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Mistweaver - Tales From The Grave

^I used to not really like the vocals in this specific genre myself, it took a bit getting used to. I don't so much appreciate the vocals as much as I do the music though. The growls are great, but the guitar work and the quick use of a bass pedal is really what gets me pumped.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online