Miles Kane

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Miles Kane

Born March 17th 1986, Miles Kane is an English musician originally from the Wirral, Merseyside. He's the former guitarist for 60's inspired indie rock group, The Little Flames, who split in 2007 after releasing just one album. Along with The Little Flames' bassist, Joe Edwards, and drummer, Greg Mighall, he went on to form The Rascals, another indie rock band, and was vocalist and guitarist for them up until he quit in the summer of 2009 to pursue a solo career.

He first came to my attention when, together with Arctic Monkeys' frontman, Alex Turner, he formed The Last Shadow Puppets in 2007. He continues to be a part of this band whilst forging his solo career, confirming recently that a new Shadow Puppets album is in the pipeline (I'm looking forward to this :grinthumb) with work on it possibly starting at the end of this year.

Miles has released one solo album so far, Colour of the Trap.

Here's a selection from it

Inhaler

Come Closer

Rearrange

My Fantasy (with Noel Gallagher on backing vocals)

King Crawler

Telepathy

With six tracks co-written with Alex Turner, fans of Arctic Monkeys should like this album, and it goes without saying anybody into The Last Shadow Puppets should give it a listen if they haven't already done so! With a fab retro 60's feel running through the album and touches of John Lennon, Marc Bolan, The Coral, & Kasabian (to name a few), it's a pearler in my book :grinthumb

jcGAL.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Must have forgotten about Miles, I know a little about "The Last Shadow Puppets" but don't have any of their albums.

I'll be back later to listen to the vids you posted Tray.:hab:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Thanks for visiting LG :grinthumb The Last Shadow Puppets only have the one album out, 'The Age of the Understatement', which has a very 60's feel to it too. Hopefully there'll be a new album released next year :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I heard anything about "...Puppets", Hepcat mentioned them ages ago and I enjoyed the videos he posted.

Figures they only have one record out and I don't have it in the library...perhaps I'll remedy that shortly.:)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah I think I posted on the thread Hepcat made. Sox enjoyed their album when I played it to him, so I think you would too :grinthumb

Syd

Reaction score
I love this album! Miles Kane made some very decent songs (which I wasnt really expecting), very sixties-y and very cool. I know his friendship with Alex Turner is what made him more famous in the first place, but I think that its also keeping him down because he probably can't reach the level of genius of Mr Turner. Anyways, I believe its only his first solo album and it was quite impressive, he has so much to show and I'm looking forward to another album soon, hope he keeps getting better with time!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Aha, I suspected you would like Miles Kane, Syd :grinthumb

Yeah it's a shame he does seem to live in the shadow of Alex Turner, but hopefully that will change as Miles definitely desserves it!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
..Miles Kane sounds cool Tray:grinthumb......some of the songs you have loaded are good quality stuff . He has a good voice and Iam liking his guitar style too. Im not familiar with THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS so Im going on to you tube to check them out.....

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Hey Lou, thanks for having a listen :) I'd be interested to know what you think of The Last Shadow Puppets too!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Loving the new song from Miles, due for release on 24th February...

Give Up

And a new album is on its way later this year :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online