Mike Oldfield's Celtic album "Crises"

CREAM'd

Reaction score
re: Mike Oldfield's Celtic album "Crises"

I searched the Prog Rock section of the forum for this thread,thankfuly I then used ''search'' as I would have never thought of looking in the Folk/Celtic section of the forum.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

I have owned Mike Oldfield's Five Miles Out album for quite a few years,the CD I have is damaged and will only play track 1(Taurus II),it skips and jumps throughout the rest.To be honest this is something that doesn't bother me as IMHO it's the only good song on the album(it's a very good tune and one I enjoy very much).Song 2 is cringe worthy,songs 3,4 and 5 don't get much better.Another completely uninteresting fact is that it was released on my 10th birthday.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think Mike does belong in the prog section myself...:hm:

I happen to like 5 Miles Out. I have my old vinyl copy that has survived somehow all this time, but do have a CD version as well.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

I think Mike does belong in the prog section myself...:hm:

I happen to like 5 Miles Out. I have my old vinyl copy that has survived somehow all this time, but do have a CD version as well.

The first track on Five Miles is a great Oldfield track.Do you have a favourite Mike Oldfield album LG?

Perhaps if we were to ask nicely a Moderator would move Mike over to the Prog Rock section:flirt

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think the author of this thread was talking specifically about one album of Mike's in particular that had a Celtic/folk theme, so that's why it was placed here.

Why don't you write a New proper Oldfield thread in the prog section CREAM'd?

CREAM'd

Reaction score

I think the author of this thread was talking specifically about one album of Mike's in particular that had a Celtic/folk theme, so that's why it was placed here.

Why don't you write a New proper Oldfield thread in the prog section CREAM'd?

I will be back tonight to do that:grinthumb

foreverblue

Reaction score
sorry guys.. being of irish extraction and being a big oldfield fan i own "crises" "discovery" and qe2. i dont see how crises can be a celtic album. can someone point out to me the celtic bits on the allbum. and in my honest opinion i dont see it.
"to france" off discovery on the other hand is extremely celtic. listen to maggie reillys version on one of her solo albums and think she adds ullean [sic] pipes to it sounds fantastic

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's classified as Oldfield's "Celtic" album by himself and the reviewers. Sorry if that doesn't measure up on FB's scale of Celtic but putting his album in here is fine with me.;)

foreverblue

Reaction score
^^It's classified as Oldfield's "Celtic" album by himself and the reviewers. Sorry if that doesn't measure up on FB's scale of Celtic but putting his album in here is fine with me.;)

ok fair enough, but i thought mike oldfield would have classed "discovery" as more of a celtic sounding album.

i haven't heard "five miles out" in full yet..so maybe theres a trilogy going on.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have purchased a few of his remasters and I am waiting for this to come out as it would make for a terrific remaster:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online