"Mika" (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Official "Mika" Thread

I picked up that first CD today...really good actually and probably one of the best ballads I've heard in a long time. Yes I felt a lump in my throat with this one.

O, Wow, Awesome song. Play that at my funeral.........gorgeous song.

:wa

Fisha

Reaction score

I own both of the albums, well they are around the house at least. Did quite enjoy some of his stuff but there are other songs I just physically couldn't listen to. I have got to so though, I do think this song is brilliant.

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Here's a cool song he did for a cool movie:

Kickass (We Are Young)

LOVE KICK US!!! Great Movie!!! I didn't know one of his songs was used! :D And never heard "We are Young" before. Limpy Loves It!!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

LOVE KICK US!!! Great Movie!!! I didn't know one of his songs was used! :D And never heard "We are Young" before. Limpy Loves It!!!

Glad I could introduce an established fan to a new song Limpy! :grinthumb It was actually a matter of good timing as I watched that movie shortly after I made this thread. As for your question in the other thread I actually haven't seen him live. I don't see him as an artist who would make his way up to Northern NH (USA) but you never know! :heheh: He's still not a huge name in America like he is overseas but maybe that will change by his next album! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh nice, a Mika thread. Strange how I didn't see this here before. Mika is an artist that I have loved more and more every time I listen. Relax, Take It Easy was the first song I was ever exposed to, and I was not too fond of those types of vocals but I still gave it a chance. I never doubted his talent, especially with the notes he can get up to in that song, and in any of his work for that matter.

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

So I was sitting down at work today, looking around at music and MIKA has a new song out! It's called "Elle me dit" It's not in English it's in French! :D Oh la la! I'm loving the beat of the song and his sort of new sway on things! But he can sing French! Kinda hot! I don't mind hearing him in French but it would be cool to have a English version! But his new Album is set for 2012 and (from what I have read) is going to be called "Origin of Love"

I think the one thing that kinda gets me :wtf: is his whole album going to be in French or is he going to do another version or something! I do like his songs and styles and hope he can cater to his wider audience. :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
French or not it's still got the Mika vocal going on. Not sure why the change in style other than for the novelty of it. It's a dancy track so I'm sure it'll get remixed even more for a clubbier sound. Either way it will be interesting to hear the rest of the album! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's a catchy song and I'm looking forward to the new CD!!

Hey Sooty, I don't have them in front of me, and I won't be able to check until I get home, but this isn't a french version of an already existing song is it?? The melody sounds familiar.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online