"Mika" (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
0.png
MikaLIVE_468x580.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_(singer)

Here's a fun artist that's definitely inspired by the classics! He's made a bigger splash worldwide than he is but I think he's a good time with his Freddie Mercury delivery and quirky adult humor. I think Mika is a good gap between bridging the classics with a new fresh sound and attitude! :grinthumb

For those that actually haven't heard his debut song off of Life In Cartton Motion here's:

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

Satellite
(great cover of Dave Matthews Band)

We are Golden

I See You
(my favorite, Actually a beautiful ballad though the lyrics still have a twisted humor to them :heheh:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official "Mika" Thread

I've heard of Mika before, he's okay Sooty, don't know how often I'd play his stuff though.

Still nice thread as usual.:cheers:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Here's a cool song he did for a cool movie:

Kickass (We Are Young)

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I forgot all about this guy!! :heheh: I remember diggin' Grace Kelly a couple years back.

:grinthumb :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I See You and We Are Golden are cool tunes. Checking their website I see my Best Buy has them for 9.99...hmmmm...:think:

Maybe...for something different. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Vocally, Mika is a dead ringer for Freddie Mercury. After taking some time to read about this guy, he really is a gifted guy. He has studied opera, which is probably why he has such a tremendous vocal range. He also is a multi-instrumentalist and does write his own songs, which puts him in a much better light than most of the pop music stars of today.

Interestingly, he writes songs for other musicians under anonymous names....I wonder who he has written for?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I picked up that first CD today...really good actually and probably one of the best ballads I've heard in a long time. Yes I felt a lump in my throat with this one.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's a great song MP! I missed something there! :eek: Honestly, it's been so long since I've gone back to that album and for some reason it never registered what a great song that is! :D I spent more time with the second album but I must have unfairly jilted the debut! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online