Megadeth (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Super Collider wasn't that dreadful in my opinion but had a couple of poor tunes on it admittedly.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing I think will make this new album is how much of a difference it makes to have a less robotic guitarist in Kiko and Chris Adler who can actually drum decently unlike Drover.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dystopia is a ****ing great album. Definitely better than Super Collider but Kiko and Adler have made a huge difference.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Dystopia is a ****ing great album. Definitely better than Super Collider but Kiko and Adler have made a huge difference.

Well, I already prefer the tracks I've heard so far over most of the tracks on "Super Collider", so that was expected. However, a friend of mine, a fellow Megadeth fan, was not super impressed with the new album. In general the reviews have been great though and your opinion holds some weight as well. I'll have to give it a listen, before I decide whether to actually buy it or not.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its one that takes a couple of listens really but I think its stronger than at least the last 3 albums. Feels a return to more aggressive, thrashy riffs. Plenty of riffs that remind me of some of their older songs. I love the songs Lying in State, Bullet to the Brain particularly with some solid guitar work. I wasn't overly impressed on first listen but having heard it several times I love the new record. Super Collider's main issue for me was repetitive musical structure but its more varied on Dystopia plus their Fear cover was neat.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I liked It OK first listen but it got better with each successive play. Really good album. Personally rate 13 a bit higher at the moment but I love that album.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair enough. For me its better than even 13 which in its own right I still dig as an album. Even the bonus songs were pretty good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online