Megadeth (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Been getting back into Megadeth of late, was a big fan back in the late eighties and had their first three albums, then I just kind of drifted off to less thrashy bands. Slowly building up my collection of Megadeth albums, Rust in Peace is apparently winging its way to me in the post (thanks Sox :grinthumb) and I already have Youthanasia, Countdown To Extinction, United Abominations and Endgame. No longer have their first three as I only had them on casette tape & I outed all my tapes a few years ago, but will replace them on CD.

Never heard Risk, but I see there is the full album on Youtube so I'm going to give it a listen :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been getting back into Megadeth of late, was a big fan back in the late eighties and had their first three albums, then I just kind of drifted off to less thrashy bands. Slowly building up my collection of Megadeth albums, Rust in Peace is apparently winging its way to me in the post (thanks Sox :grinthumb) and I already have Youthanasia, Countdown To Extinction, United Abominations and Endgame. No longer have their first three as I only had them on casette tape & I outed all my tapes a few years ago, but will replace them on CD.

Never heard Risk, but I see there is the full album on Youtube so I'm going to give it a listen :)

Risk is one that may take you by surprise in terms of the sound but at least its called Risk, tells you what it is which I respect Dave for naming it that. :heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing it, although from what I've been reading about it having "dance, electronica, and disco influences" not sure what I'm going to think :D

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
A new Megadeth coming!!

From their website:

Megadeth has set "Super Collider" as the title of its new album, due this June via Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, which is distributed by Universal. "It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal," said Mustaine. "It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from the Universal label. Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for Megadeth ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Universal will bring for us all. We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, "Super Collider".

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Well I gave 'Risk' a listen and I have to say I liked it! Sure it's different and not the Megadeth everybody knows but I think there's some great tracks on there, and I particularly like the ones with the violin, like Insomnia :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I gave 'Risk' a listen and I have to say I liked it! Sure it's different and not the Megadeth everybody knows but I think there's some great tracks on there, and I particularly like the ones with the violin, like Insomnia :grinthumb

:grinthumb Glad you liked it. When one looks at it as purely an experiment and doesn't expect thrash its actually a pretty good album. Very disco sounding but cool.
Ill Be There is a pretty cool tune.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, agreed :)

Oh and Rust In Peace came through the post today so I'll be giving that a listen in a bit :grinthumb

Nice, enjoy Rust in Peace. :grinthumb

If you hadn't already try out Cryptic Writings as well.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Holy shit. This new song sample sounds fantastic and heavy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online