Mc-5

ANTHEM

Reaction score
.......Kick out the jams mother fu*%#! Live 1970 at wayne state university in detroit. Classic rock doesn't get much better than this:bow:

Imho this was like a combo of protoype speed metal, punk, and heavy blues rock ie cream, hendrix, & zeppelin.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There have been some documentaries on TV about the Detroit bands and MC5. In the live footage, MC5 seem very good. Is Kick Out the Jams their best album?

ANTHEM

Reaction score
There have been some documentaries on TV about the Detroit bands and MC5. In the live footage, MC5 seem very good. Is Kick Out the Jams their best album?
To be honest I'm not sure as I only know a few songs from them for they didn't seem to get the exposure as much as people like nugent, cooper, etc, but from what I've heard this was their best and a very ass kicking song and performance and cutting edge for its time imo.

gorgon

Reaction score

Kick Out The Jams is a live album, and their first release. It will give you a very good picture of the band. Their other two albums, Back In The USA, and High Time are studio albums. I think High Time is their best release.
MC5-Miss X

MC5-Over and Over

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
High Time is beyond fantastic. It's a great record and I spin it often. Great garage-ish, proto-punk, with great anti-establishment lyrics... most of the time. I think this is by far their best effort.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I just now thought about it but I was living about 3-4 miles from where this was filmed at the time. Of course I was only 3 so I was distracted with my big wheel.:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.