• 2: Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Wait a minute,...your twin brother DaKillerWolf voted this album "classic",...don't you two always vote identical on these polls? :think:

BTW, I'm with your wolf brother, I voted classic.

I voted Classic originally because I believe it is a classic. I really never give anything a 10 in my own scoring system. My highest score is generally 9.5 ( I don't believe in perfect ) so I would rate it a Classic but numerically I would score it a 9 with my very favorite albums by Sabbath , Paranoid, Heaven & Hell & Mob Rules a 9.5.

Hope that helps you sleep better at night now :p

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
You're a harsh grader my friend,....I give 10s and I give As, and even A+s. I can't see how they (Sabbath) could have done any better than they did. I certainly could not have made better music than they did.

I've had this discussion with teachers and instructors in my distant past. I've had teachers say "I don't give As, I wouldn't even give myself an A", to which I say "then why should I sit here and learn from someone who can't do A quality work? I want to learn from someone competent".

They say they don't give As but in reality, they really do,....they just don't call them As, they call them Bs. By excluding the A from the list, the B becomes the highest mark achievable, thus, the B becomes the A for this particular person.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
You're a harsh grader my friend,....I give 10s and I give As, and even A+s. I can't see how they (Sabbath) could have done any better than they did. I certainly could not have made better music than they did.

I've had this discussion with teachers and instructors in my distant past. I've had teachers say "I don't give As, I wouldn't even give myself an A", to which I say "then why should I sit here and learn from someone who can't do A quality work? I want to learn from someone competent".

They say they don't give As but in reality, they really do,....they just don't call them As, they call them Bs. By excluding the A from the list, the B becomes the highest mark achievable, thus, the B becomes the A for this particular person.

That's because they know no one's work ever achieves " perfect".
Perfect is a mythological beast.

Last edited:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It is a big jump from good (stage 6) to great (stage 7). I would have said very good, but not quite great. Master of Reality is not Sabbath's best album and I would put it below the first two and Sabotage. Even Volume 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath contain better material (SBS, Killing Yourself, Snowblind, Wheels, etc). I do love After Forever/The Elegy; the lyrics always make me laugh and the contrasting riffs are outstanding. The drumming on Children of the grave is also amazing.

Good, by their standard and using the poll criteria. Actually, very good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online