Lynyrd Skynyrd set release date for new live CD/DVD

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Lynyrd Skynyrd commemorate a pair of hometown shows — and a pair of classic records from their catalog — with the upcoming release of Pronounced ‘Lĕh-’nérd ‘Skin’nérd & Second Helping – Live From Jacksonville at the Florida Theatre on DVD, Blu-ray and digital formats.

As previously reported, this package stems from a two-night run at the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville that the band booked earlier this year, performing 1973′s Pronounced ‘Lĕh-’nérd ‘Skin’nérd the first night and 1974′s Second Helping the following night. According to singer Johnny Van Zant, the concerts represented the fulfillment of a long-held ambition. “We’ve been wanting to go back and recreate these live records for a long time,” he explained. “We decided to come back to our hometown, Jacksonville, and play at the legendary Florida Theatre. Can’t wait to rock it.”

Pronounced ‘Lĕh-’nérd ‘Skin’nérd & Second Helping – Live From Jacksonville at the Florida Theatre is scheduled to arrive Oct. 23 and will be available as a DVD/two-CD package exclusively at Walmart, although other editions — including Blu-ray, digital and DVD only — will presumably be sold elsewhere.

In addition to footage from the shows, fans can look forward to behind-the-scenes bonus footage, all of which adds up to what a press release promises will be “nearly two hours of peerless musical entertainment.”

Lynyrd Skynyrd, ‘Pronounced ‘Lĕh-’nérd ‘Skin’nérd & Second Helping – Live From Jacksonville at the Florida Theatre’ Track Listing
“I Ain’t the One”
“Tuesday’s Gone”
“Gimme Three Steps”
“Simple Man”
“Things Goin’ On”
“Poison Whiskey”
“Free Bird”
“Sweet Home Alabama”
“I Need You”
“Don’t Ask Me No Questions”
“Workin’ for MCA”
“The Ballad of Curtis Loew”
“Swamp Music”
“Needle and the Spoon”
“Call Me the Breeze”

Read More: Lynyrd Skynyrd Set Release Date for New Live CD and DVD | Lynyrd Skynyrd Set Release Date for New Live CD and DVD

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ Yes!!!!! I've been eagerly waiting for a release date for these shows, although I didn't expect them to release it so soon. I mean, "One More for the Fans" came out a couple of months ago. I'm not complaining though and perhaps it makes a new studio album coming out in 2016 more likely! :woot:

Pronounced ‘Lĕh-’nérd ‘Skin’nérd & Second Helping – Live From Jacksonville at the Florida Theatre is scheduled to arrive Oct. 23 and will be available as a DVD/two-CD package exclusively at Walmart, although other editions — including Blu-ray, digital and DVD only — will presumably be sold elsewhere

According to Amazon, you can buy the DVD/Blu-ray and the 2-CD separately, at least in Europe. Glad to hear that, as I would prefer a Blu-ray over the DVD and I definitely want the CD part as well, but would hate to have to order the Wallmart edition to get it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.