Ludwig van Beethoven

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I would love to see his birthplace someday...but that will have to wait.

Looks like a nice set, never heard of her before but that's not surprising I am sort of out of the loop when it comes to classical artists these days.

The first set of Piano sonatas I bought were by Emil Gilels...all of them one at a time.:heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
^^I would love to see his birthplace someday...but that will have to wait.

One day I hope you do, the Beethovenhaus has a small concert hall attached to it where they give recitals of his chamber/piano music, we went to one given by some students from Bonn University, and the house is quite small as they all would have been in the late 18th and 19th century, but you can stand in the room he was born in alongside the exact bed he was born in, and they have everything from his clothes, ear-trumpets, his piano, his desk, and lots of his original manuscripts on view.

MaryGreen

Reaction score
I always liked the music of this great composer but recently after I had found new records of his works performed by Maxim Rysanov, Kristina Blaumane and Jacob Katsnelson I just can’t stop listening to it! As I see there are lots of Beethoven’s fans here, so I won’t be any kind of scrooge and share.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Look interesting thanks for the link "Beethoven". :mn:

I have resisted the temptation to order his complete symphonies on vinyl so far...but I might cave in and pick up the 6th on Tacet's label, I don't have any of their recordings yet and they use only Tubes during their recording process.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online