Lou Reed, Velvet Underground Leader and Rock Pioneer, Dead at 71

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Own of the greatest songwriters and poets music has ever known and one of my personal favorites. Lou's music, whether with the Velvet Underground or solo, has affected me in a deep way that I can't say for many other musicians.

Goodnight Lou. This one is for you....

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
Very sad news. :(

His performance of "Sweet Jane" on Rock n Roll Animal is one of my all-time favorite tracks.

3kpi.jpg

:rip:

Last edited:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
He was a true monument of modern music.

Very sad, so the final Walk on the Wild Side for Lou. I'm actually slightly stunned, because he was a giant, and there probably won't be a major figure in 'classic' rock music who doesn't release a quote over the next few days about what an influence he was on them - he touched everything from 60's psychedelia right up to punk rock and new wave and beyond.

I only saw him perform once, as a special guest at a David Bowie show, and he performed four songs with Bowie's band... they were (I think).....Waiting For The Man, Bowie's Queen Bitch, Dirty Blvd, and White Light/White Heat. But I am ever glad I did.

It seems a bit obvious, but since nobody else has yet posted it here, then the one song of his which will probably live with us for ever, and surely one of the greatest tracks anyone ever recorded....

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sucks :(
Really loved his solo work and the velvet underground. RIP to a legend. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members